Monday, March 22, 2004

Writing, Writers and Buying Music

Gosh, I didn't get to bed til 4 this morning! I wont get into that but it was uncomfortable...anyway...I'm tired. Just listening to Stern now...

I always balk at the thought that writers do research for their novels but that's not that part I balk at, it's the fact that many of them travel everywhere for their research and it just seems like so much trouble (to me anyway). So far my research has only been through emails, the internet and books. But what if, one day I had to travel to some ossuary* or had to write about astroblemes*? (had to make up for missing yesterday's W.O.T.D.). I know many travel to another continent for research. I'm sure many of them find it pleasurable and maybe even count it as a vacation but I don't know if I'd like to travel to some place that I don't have positive associations with, like imagine writing about concentration camps or just prisons in general? Well maybe I'll just never write about that area or place. That's a solution.

I was planning to buy some Vivaldi music that I found yesterday. I just realized that I like the sound of cellos. Something about Vivaldi...his music is so lively and energetic. So once I buy them I'll post a new cover for the "Aural Pleasure" section on this site. huh! Okay I'm going. blah blah blah!!! Also not, all the songs I have are for cellos, it's just that most of them are...problem with a cello is that you have to learn how to sit indecently...haha

1.*Ossuary means: A place or container for depositing the bones of the dead.
2.*Astroblemes means: A scar on the earth's surface caused by the impact of a meteorite. (Sort of looks like astro-blemish).

Oh yeah, new poll, I think it's interesting what people think is a good weapon (from those listed).
Have a swell day all.

Me.

No comments: