Saturday, March 13, 2004

Teeter totter

The following is about male-female relationships...or not.

Every time I see this particular friend of mine she's either with a new guy or just recently broken up with one. (we'll call her M) Okay maybe I shouldn't say "friend" since I really don't know much about her, although I do know that she's really into guys, not that that's a terrible thing, but it's bad when that's all you have. I wonder if she has any hobbies? I know she loves to sing, but besides that...She's lead a sequestered life growing up, with no responsibilities. I hate when she says "I'm growing, I'm finding my way" because obviously she's not! She picks the same guys over and over...you haven't grown! I just want to yell at her sometimes. It's always the same cruddy personality, just another guy, in other words, same shit, different guy.

It's funny how so many people can fall under the same categories. (It's really the basis for Miss Marple's ability to solve a crime.) My best friend in high school acted the exact way M did when they both reached college. It's hard to handle this type of "freedom" when you're parents haven't raised you for the expectancy of this new world, outside of the structure and predictability of previous schools. Whenever I talk to my friend from h.s., (we'll call her S) she's still making the same mistakes she's been making since I've met her. This totally disproves my point that what M's parents should do is send her off to a dorm, because now S, with all her free time and without her parents watching her every move has gone insane (figuratively)...(this is in compliance with my own ethics). Ever recalcitrant* they both duly disregard any of their parents' warnings and threats. Ugh! I just don't know, is it them? Is it bad parenting? Just a bad combination?

I think M and S experimented with sex because under their own minds they felt the need to know what it's like, the uh-oh I'm missing the bus feeling. I don't know about M but S gives it, I think, under the thought that she gains power over that person. She doesn't like it though, sex that is, which is sad. I always wonder if I sit down and have a talk with her, will she listen, or will she half listen, like she does her parents...

Men are not the only things in this world, and though they may be wonderful, it's only to a point. You don't need them to feel needed, you don't need them to look good in front of everyone else, or to fit in. (This is to S, who tells me she envies my relationship, but when asked "why" she really can't say, except for, "you have love".) You don't need them for love. You don't need them for companionship. Get a dog if you want all that. Dogs love you and need you, and you look cute walking one around, more so than a man. (Wait a minute, I meant a literal dog, not the men=dogs equation) Men don't even care what we talk about, their number one reason for being with us is for procreation. It's biological. That's why more men cheat than women, because they feel the need to spread their genes! Watch the discovery channel sweetheart. And when you think they're sweet, and romantic and great it's because they wanna get in your pants! That's it. Why the heck would he rather watch football than talk to you? Why does he look at other women? I know this. Rich knows this, but he's smarter than your average male anyway, and he's had time to tweak his biological urges. I'm not male bashing, I happen to like men, I like it when they actually think (but that's after, when they've cleared their mind). I love one in particular, because he's not a football watching, only talk to you when I want some, fake guy. Unless...all this time I've been duped! Rich would rather play football with me than watch it, but i think he'd do it because it turns him on, watching me run around all hot and sweaty...

Oh by the way, women cheat because they've found the guy who would be the caretaker, (of kids, home and finances,) and now want a "manly" man. Or the other way around. Guess which one I'd be looking for if I cheated...haha.

Alrighty, sorry if I got my S and M mixed up. heehee.

*Recalcitrant means: 1 : obstinately defiant of authority or restraint
2 a : difficult to manage or operate b : not responsive to treatment c : resistant

Have a good day everyone!

Me

No comments: