Saturday, March 27, 2004

Nightmares and Dreamscapes

Had a nightmare last night. I dreamt that my brother was dead and that somehow his angry spirit was in the house. When I would walk into the room his spirit would close and lock the door behind me trapping me inside. The first few times it happened was almost done jokingly and the door would open when I put my hand to the knob but finally when I tried to open it the last few times he would bar it from me and all I could do was stand there struggling to get it open, and I could feel the anger driving at me from him and this made me furious, he was mocking me and I couldn't get out of the room. So after agonizing over being locked in, perspiration dripping down my face and fear and anger boiling inside of me I started screaming "Get out of this house! Open this door and get out! I don't want you here!" And the door opened. I could feel his bitterness and also the sadness towards me at being yelled at and told that he wasn't wanted but he finally drifted away. It almost broke my heart. I remember sobbing on the floor while Rich held me.

My nightmares and dreams are strange because I'm never in my body when it happens. I'm always floating nearby watching as I undergo whatever it is I'm doing. I still feel the emotions that my dream body may feel but I never see it 1st person, it's almost omnipotent, and I can even read what everyone else around me feels. In this nightmare I even followed my brother's spirit as he moved away even though I knew my body was collapsed on the floor weeping in the room. My whole body is drained from that experience. I even went to bed at 10 but instead of waking up at 6 I woke up at 8:30. All the muscles in my back and shoulders are tense and sore as if I really were trying to force a door open. I wonder if Rich heard me screaming, he often goes to bed late at night and tells me the next morning that I've spoken in my sleep. I'm emotionally drained as well and still feel tired! It looks like a dreary day out. Fits perfectly. Okay I gotta run.

Have a good day y'all.

Me.

No comments: