Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Boys and Hair

I think it's a bad idea to read the Prydain Chronicles and Eragon at the same time because every time I read Eragon's doings I have Taran's history in the back of my mind and though I haven't gotten them confused I'm starting to compare each of them negatively, and it's starting to blur a little. I'd tell myself "Oh Taran would never do it that way!" or "Why doesn't Taran just use magic?" Well that's what happens. Rich asked me last night which one I liked better and I'd have to say the Prydain Chronicles just because I don't think the writing in Eragon is smooth enough. But I thought about it some more and I wonder if maybe I was influenced into thinking that the writing isn't as "smooth" because I know that it was written by a 19 year old. I ask pardon from the 19 year olds of the world, but I guess I'm getting old, this must be ageism, although I am only a little bit older. haha I forgive him (Paolini) because it's a children's book so the smoothness may not be a big deal. Alright, alright! I'll just read it for pleasure without being the discerning reader. Maybe "smoothness" is just an excuse, but something bugs me, it's visceral* and nothing more ( I just can't give you a good reason).

Next...oh dear should I post this in a new blog? I know Rich'll say yes but I'm too lazy.

I'm growing my hair out. Every summer I cut my hair short, mostly cut back whatever grew during the winter and wear something up to my chin. Two summers ago I wanted bangs and so I went ahead and cut it off. When the scissors were pulled away I realized that I looked a bit freakish with this straight bang thing across my head and short hair. The next summer I chopped it off again...This summer I'm not going to! I'll probably chop off two inches because I need to keep it clean (looking) and split free but other than that no more! It's past my shoulders now and will get longer as the months go by...hopefully. The only problem with having longer hair is that it seems to get in the way when I'm sleeping with Rich or when more physical activities occur. I guess I could put it up and I do that most of the time but some times that's not always the first thing on my mind... heh.

Speaking of hair...here's a pic of the hair I chopped off last summer? or two summers ago. Don't ask why I have it. It's just laying around and sometimes finds itself under the bed so that when I reach my hand under the bed it's texture scares me half to death, thinking it's a mouse or some dead creature that Soot tucked under there for safe keeping. Rich and I say it's roughly 6 inches. haha



*Visceral means:
1. Related to viscera.
2. Instinctive, not reasoning or intellectual.
3. Dealing with base emotions; earthy, crude.

Have a good day everyone! Peace and love.

Me.

No comments: