Sunday, March 14, 2004

Rise and Shine

hmph, can't seem to connect to my webpage...

I was woken up by this bird squawking away, sounding like somebody's alarm clock. AGH! AGH! AGH! AGH!, and just when I finally think someone slammed the snooze it starts up again. AGH! AGH! AGH! Gosh it's bright this morning. I have to type hunched low, enough for my laptop cover to block the sun from my eyes. I just tried to stand my pillow over Rich so the sun wouldn't hit his face. I haven't even got out of bed yet, just rolled over and started up the ole ibook. The little clock/radio is on Sunday Boston Review, with Mat Schaffer. Nothing good on, just a motivational speaker, except she isn't into motivation, she's into inspiration. I really don't like to listen to these people...huh.

It's already the middle of March and I can't wait for April to come along. I'm tired of this funny weather that this time of year brings. In a way March seems to suffer from Bipolar disorder. Beautifully, sunshiny manic one day and snowy, rainy, grey and depressed another. Or the other way around, for those who happen to enjoy the rainy, snowy, cloudy days. It's very disruptive.

Oh, so sorry about the last post, I didn't know it would be so long. When I wrote it I had no idea it would even be that babbling, I just had to get it off my chest, and get this, I didn't get all of it off my chest, but I stopped there because I think I would have had to resort to cursing, and I really don't like to show that side of me. Some people just can't seem to wake up! Wake Up!!

Oh this is for Clint, and for anyone else who wanted to know: Miss Marple is a character by Agatha Christie, who lives in a little town in England called St. Mary Mead. She's lived there all her life and therefore knows each and every person (past and present) and their little idiosyncracies. With this knowledge she uses it to solve crimes. She once said: "Human nature is the same everywhere." For example, she would say, "no, that person is not the murderer because she's exactly like my old maid (no pun intended), Belinda, who lied about petty things but never could accomplish anything so major." (<- This isn't a real quote, just an example quote.) She would take what she's observed of human nature in her little village and be able to apply it to anyone, in a bigger city, in a resort, in another little town, and always solves the crime (the word is parallels). Hope this helps...you can read a little blurb on Miss Marple on agathachristie.com

The reproductive urge occurs at our base brain, our primitive brain, where other things such as "food" "safety" "caring for young" all abide. This is something you have to take note of because these are all things that had to develop first before our "newer modern" brain came into play. We have this urge for sex because sometime in the past we found out that by having sex with many different partners we would produce many different variations to try out in our new environment. Not that we actually stopped to think about it, it just happened that way. Those that survived (usually the stronger, more cunning) continued this trend and here we are today, the weaker ones died off (it weeded out the bad traits). This is also another reason to be for biracial coupling. (i'll let tony explain that later). Those that engaged in a lot of sex had more offspring and therefore thrived as a species. Also, on a different strain, and this is just my own little theory, smarter people tended to be loners and most probably died off for lack of sex and other outside encounters, and that's why we have such a large number of dumb people in this society todday. (My professor once said, how dumb is dumb? and how smart is smart?, you're thinking inside a glass jar! sorry prof!). But the point is, if all you think about is the opposite sex then you're not thinking with your modern brain. Ew. Who favors something primitive and old to something new and modern? Yay new and modern! Boo primitive. Primitive bad! Hooo hoowhoo. hoo ooh ooh ha ha!

You gotta talk like that to some contumacious* people because they just don't seem to realize it any other way.
God this is another long one! Sorry.

*Contumacious means: stubbornly disobedient : rebellious. (yes very similar to recalcitrant).

Happy day every one!

No comments: