Friday, March 19, 2004

Dragons scales and other tales

I got to read some of that Eragon today, actually got to page 41, I must admit that it's decent. I say this grudgingly because I didn't want anything to compare to Harry Potter and L.O.T.R. It borrows, of course, but even Potter borrows from others too. This just struck me, but hey Tim, if you ever read this, didn't you once mention that there were classes being taught in an English University on speaking one elvish (elvin?) language that J.R. invented? If you could clarify this, I'd be grateful. Back to Eragon (if I haven't mentioned this before it's the word "dragon" with and "e" instead of a "d"), it's middle agey, a time of elves, magic and dragons, tiny villages scattered and sparse, a lone "heroic" figure, young still, not even in "manhood". That's "borrowed", because it seems only the pure and innocent children (or in the case of L.O.T.R., childlike) can "save" the world. I wonder if there will be a twist, it seems to follow the set path but it's early yet. He stumbles...oh, I wont ruin it for others. For now, I'll just return to reading it.

I thought of writing a "love" poem today and even had a good phrase that made me stop and feel satisfied that I had written something "quoteable". I'm not the love poem type and so this is a strange departure for me but it's good exercise. At first it was going to be a love-of-spring kinda poem but then it shifted and I thought it would be nice to write a love poem of "today" about someone. Not mushy (in my definition of mushy) but I don't know how it'll turn out, it may even lead me back to spring. Well Spring is a season for love. This I learned from Bambi. By the way, tomorrow is the first day of spring. Primavera.

Have a good weekend everyone. Night night.

Me.

No comments: