Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Movies and Music

I watched "Gothika" yesterday and I woulda given it a nice round 3 stars but then the last bit of it was terry-bull! What was with the ending, with the semi-dumb/drugged guy who lumbered around trying to be funny? Wha? I wont ruin it for anyone who hasn't watched it. I say watch it til she is in the sheriff's office, then just turn it off. I mean, unless you're dumb you'd have known that there wasn't one but two people even before she finds out about...whoops too much info. Good thing I caught myself. There were "good" parts like the scene in front of the mirror, and even the beginning. It was well done, but I felt as if they had to rush the end and just finish it. Also, in my mind, wasn't she still guilty? In other peoples' minds she's insane. Whatever, I'll leave it at that. 2 stars. Now that I think about it, for having such a bad ending (you just gotta end right) 1 star!

Last night was "country" night on A.I. Almost the acid test* (for me) for who would be more experimental, fun and different. I was afraid that someone would pick a "crossover" country singer's song, that sounded nothing like country, (in my definition of "country" music) but more pop-y. Like Shania Twain's "Man! I Feel Like A Woman"...huh. What do I say? A lot of it was "safe", to use the judges' term. I wanted something different from what I heard last night. I wanted COUNTRY. The whole point is to challenge them and to see their range but most of them picked songs that may have been country but were also pop songs...ugh. I think it may come down to Jasmine and La Toya, because they look good and sing well. I'm leaning toward La Toya because she's much more confident in performing and she has better control of her voice, (i think that's due to age and her wedding singer job). Jasmine didn't sing well last night and she chose a song that was eh. But she has a very sweet voice and she's cute. However, the outcome may be very different. We came up with this theory, (since the first A.I.) that the people who make it to the end usually live in a small town where everyone knows everyone and would always have an unwavering devotion to that one finalist, resulting in a huge and consistent block of votes. Now the only question is, who has a bigger town...a bit ironic, don't you think? So Diana may just be there til the end. I have to run. Have a good day all!

*Acid test means: A crucial test to establish the worth or genuineness of something.

Be good.

Me.

No comments: