Thursday, March 18, 2004

Hanging Out To Dry

I forgot my laundry in the dryer and it's been there overnight! I hate that. Now, when I go down there it'll be as cold as a witch's teat. Then I have to let it run for a while longer and trudge back upstairs and then trudge back downstairs when the appointed time is up, possibly with a terrier in wait for some body part of mine that she'd like to lick, nasty dog.

Discussions and even minor greetings are, at the moment a minimum. I have to be the one to engage you and I'm left waiting for a response. So there's a problem there. To be honest, I dislike your choice of friends, and had hoped and believed that you were smart enough to choose better ones. This is the first and last time that I put you down over your choice of friendship, but ours is on the brink because you can't even give me a heads up. Can't you even be the one to uphold some semblance of amity towards me? (Halfway?)

Just came back from the dryer and happily someone has placed it all on the ironing board, so it's dry and warm. Good. That takes care of one thing.

You know I'll love you unconditionally, and I understand that your perception of things have changed, that's what comes with growing up, but don't grow up to be an assh@le. As for your friends, always choose friends who are smarter than you because that way you'll "learn and earn", but if they're not above you, you'll be dragged down to their level. I'm sure you already know that...(i hope). My desideratum* is for you to talk to me about anything and never be afraid to say whatever it is you need to say. Maybe I act too much like a mother...? I understand you need some space and time alone, or else if you were too confined you'd never grow...like plants. But if you aren't given limits and shown a path to grow, you'd be too unruly and you'd never grow to be something worth looking at. (Even more plant metaphors).

In addition I have to realize what I say to you, and sometimes, silly me, I'll say something that later I'll realize you may twist around. I'll try not to do that. haha. Don't leave me hanging out to dry. Talk to me, I can't assure you I'll be able to read your mind, it was so much easier before...haha, but it's easier to read minds when you're familiar with someone. Don't be unfamiliar.

Me

*Desideratum means: : something desired as essential.

No comments: