Sunday, May 23, 2004

Trivial Pursuits

I didn't get to see Shrek 2 this week. I've been waiting for it to come out because the first Shrek is one of my favorite movies, but of course the sequel is not as great as the first movie, or so the critics say. By the way, this is annoying me; Rich, if you read this, you have to fix the text on the mozilla browser window (upstairs) because I can't read an effing word i'm typing up right now. I'm too lazy to turn on my laptop and you're sound asleep and didn't wanna bother you with my typing.

Anyway, so yeah, will wait til this week to see if I can make it to Shrek. A few problems though, one is that school is letting out and that means more yappers in the audience, especially in a kid's movie, and second, good weather ahead, or so I heard, and good weather seems to trigger a sense of movie going in many people. I dislike when parents think that their child is well behaved enough to keep shut in a theater or in church. At least in church there's a special soundproof room for those noisy kids, but surprisingly many parents refuse to sit in there because they are under the impression that their children are quiet, or maybe, (and this I learned just recently from Andie Richter) parents are so used to ignoring the kids' hollering that they don't even notice it any more. This is what must go through my neighbors' heads (or what doesn't go through) to let their kids scream and yell and cry right outside the window. Rich and I finally realized what kinda noise makes them go running inside...

I have to update my blog because I'm on to a new book and although I still like the "Hawaiin Roller Coaster Ride" song I'm no longer listening to it. By the way, I really dislike that song "The Reason" by Hoobastank because it's so "formulaic". Also another trend in music that I don't like is that new punk look where the lead singer sings with a high pitched voice, but they go around dressed funnily, it doesn't go with their music. And what's embarrassing is that they claim it's rock! Just because they have the electric guitars, when it's obviously pop. It's pop rock. To name two bands, as examples,off the top of my head would probably beBlink 182 and New Found Glory. oh one more! Good Charlotte. One more! Simple Plan. Sorry but I can't tell them apart. Now to discredit all that I just wrote I have to admit that I like that part in "My Band" when Em sings about his salsa. hehe. By the way, how old are the Beastie Boys? I'm trying to find out what the name of the song is with the guy on top of the roof, playing the piano, and when you look down at the people below they're making formations with their bodies, like a car.

Speaking of cars... does nobody know that a solid white line means you should stay in your lane? Or is it just the dumb people of Massachusetts? Huh... everyday it's something new. three hundred thou-
sand!

Have a nice day!
Me

No comments: