Saturday, May 29, 2004

Books

So we finally finished "The Prydain Chronicles". It took us five months to finally get through the 5 books. It's very much like a lot of the things we've read so far. Such as: "Harry Potter Books", "The Chronicles of Narnia", even a little like LOTR. So therefore, it was a good series. I thought the ending was a bit on the sad side, but they seem to appreciate that. We're starting on a new book now. By the way, good reading on Rich's part.

So I'm also reading Running With Scissors, for my own pleasure... although I don't think it's so pleasurable to read. It's too uncomfortably "in your face" with the situations, the description, the total madness of it all. It makes me queasy reading it. I bought it because everyone said that it was extremely funny, and though I can see why they would think so (it's almost slapstick... but i'm not one for that), it just appears sad, misguided and twisted to me. Oh well. I'll have to finish it or else I'd never know! Okee. By the way, have any of you heard of neopets? Just wondering. It's a beautiful day outside... there are tons of lawn equipment out already. The neighbor's lawn mower's going, Rich's dad is grinding that weed whacker (ahaha) something awful. He's 60 and he still doesn't know how to wield that thing.

Hope to have a good jog/run today. Have a great day everyone!

New poll by the way. oh and mary ann won out 8 to zilch over jinja!

Me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »