Sunday, May 09, 2004

Mother's Day

I'm about to call my mom to wish her a Happy Mother's Day. I hope she's not feeling bad. This is the worst ever, because I forgot to give her a card! A while ago (about two weeks) I ordered her a "fruit of the month club" selection from Harry and David, which sends her fruits every month for five months (I chose the five month option, you could do more or less). It was a good assortment of fruit too. I chose it because I had given her one of those tower baskets for her birthday which had an assortment of stuff to eat etc. and she enjoyed it all. I figured she'd enjoy fresh, tree ripened fruit every month.

On a tangent, once I ordered these pluots from a company I saw on Martha Stewart, and it was expensive but it was worth it. Pluots are a hybrid fruit that combines plums and apricots... there are more plum genes than apricot. They were sweet, beyond sweet, but had a nice firm, crunchy skin, and juicy! I have not had a similar experience when it comes to pluots, or plums. The secret was they ripened it on the trees, unlike Supermarket fruits, which are ripened in the store or in cold storage for a while. But anyway...

So, i ordered them but have not received word from any of the parties (mom or harry and david) whether they were shipped or whether they were received. I was sent a confirmation of order, but not one of shipment. And no one seems to be picking up their cell phones to talk to me. I have an inkling why this is so, but I'll wait ten more minutes before I find out. If the fruits haven't come (pearsnapples... a hybrid of pears and apples) I'll have to contact harry and david and apologize to my mom... hehe.

She shoulda seen the Yankees game as her Mother's Day gift too! haha. She had an excellent time, by the way. Although, this is not saying much since she can have a great time driving around. My mom still gets chills going to the movies and watching it big screen. Oh damn! That's what I shoulda gotten her. Free movie passes, I think those woulda been appreciated more than fruit. I called her up last Sunday and she was non stop yackety-yacking about how great the game was, how great the stadium was, how great the guys passing peanuts were and how great the people who caught the peanuts were. She lives for the experience of it all. I'm happy she had a good time. I think she was starting the chant for her row, "Jeter, Jeter, Jeter!" haha. Nuts. She's all happy over her new hair too. She was listing all the people who gave her compliments over it. Really... she looks the same to me. But I want her to grow it out, she'll look really good with her hair long. I hate how women are under the impression that chopping their hair really short makes them look younger. It's not true. Oh. gotta call mom.

By the way, I think Mike's going to SUNY New Paltz, which is good. I wouldn't be able to stand him here in Boston. Our relationship is much stronger on the phone, and kept at an hour's conversation, than if he were around me everyday. He really needs to grow up. That's not meant as an insult, I meant that he needs to be responsible for his own actions and learn how to deal with things on his own without the relative security of family around. For god's sake, he still has me buy his stuff for him, at the counter, when I'm home. That reminds me of another person too...

Happy Mother's Day!

Me


No comments: