Sunday, May 09, 2004

A few more things

You guys know that song "Hey Mama", by the Black Eyed Peas? There's a part in the song where the guy sings, right after the "til infinity, til infinity loop" ,

"Nosa dima shock, nosa dima ting
everytime you sit there i hear, bling bling
O wata ting, hear blacka sing
grinding, and winding
and the madda be moving in a perfect timing"

Now, due to the sucky reproductions of all the lyrics, every one you go to on the internet has the same one on their lyrics site. But the point of this post is, if you listen to this part, espcially the area i placed in bold, "hear blacka sing", doesn't it sound like "pure magaling"... sorry. This is a filipino reference. Magaling means "talented". Yeah I know. uber flip. Just listen to it.

Speaking of magaling... hey Mike, congrats on being the Salutatorian of your escuela. Sorry about the "second place is first loser" jibe. I didn't know. haha. Second place is still first loser... but you're no loser... no, not at all. Does it make you feel any better when I tell you that I thought the Salutatorian in my class was a pot smoker? One more dig... lets see if you can get a Magna Cum Laude, like me... or perhaps you're competitive nature will make you get the summit, a la Suma Cum Laude. Congratulations! I hope you don't pull an Uncle Danny. haha
By the way, this latin is quite indecent...

For those who don't know... Salutatorians are second from Valedictorians. Meaning Mike, to my surprise ranks second in his class. Wow! I ranked somewhere at 15, so I am impressed. Are you a nerd or a geek?

Me.

No comments: