Wednesday, May 12, 2004

B is for Balmy

Rich's mom told me the other day that Massachusetts has the worst drivers in the whole fiddy states (this was according to some statistics pole thing on the news, and not just opinion, although that has been my opinion before I ever heard this fact) and now that the weather is increasingly getting better ever day, and more people are out of school, one must be ever so careful when one drives around... even if it's to the supermarket (less than a minute away). The other day, some lady behind me switched lanes quickly so that she could zoom up besides me and then cut me off, and then switched one more lane left into the left lane turn for the supermarket. She halted at the light and sat there waiting as I passed her, (i was going straight). Now I wondered what the point of it all was. She coulda made the red light for the turn if she stayed behind me, but I guess she wanted to get to the red light much sooner. Another similar situation occurred just the other day when Rich and I were driving home. There's work being done on our local bridge and there is a huge flashing arrow to inform everyone that only one lane was open. I was in the correct lane (the right lane) and all the people on the left lane had to move over, so I let the person in front of me sneak in and kept going. Suddenly, to our left, a huge pickup comes barreling besides us, squeezing past us and cutting us off. Oh man was I mad, but then our exit is just over the bridge so I let the matter pass. The truck continued straight... when we got home, we realized that there was a huge old traffic jam on the road that the pickup had taken. Now I really hope he did get into an accident, but if he didn't I was satisfied that he would be stuck in that traffic for a half an hour. Which goes to show you that rushing anywhere on local road with stop lights and such gets you nowhere fast. You're only gonna hit a red light, and the person you just pissed off will be right behind you. Well now that's out of my system, have a safe and happy summer and drive carefully. It'll be a strain to drive anyway since gas prices have skyrocketed. Oh, also, the price of cream, butter and milk have also risen. So take it easy on the dairy. haha I am slightly lactose intolerant, but I like a good mint chocolate chip or ice cream sandwich ice cream everyone in a while.

Keep cool.
Me