Saturday, January 08, 2005

"What Is Margarine Chagrin?"

Last night I was helping Rich pack up the few last things there are to pack and in one of the drawers upstairs we found his old Nintendo Entertainment System, ya know which one I'm talking about folks? The one with the little lid that closed over the cartridge that you stuck in and pushed down into place. It was probably folks of our generation's first entertainment system. Heh. I remember getting it and Mike sitting next to me watching as I played Super Mario Bros. and he hated the underground level because it was pretty scary, especially with the foreboding music. Mom didn't help either when she would play and start screaming "jump" and raising her controller up and down to make Luigi jump. Oh and she'd also jump out of her seat, and Mike would sit there totally engrossed and red in the face from the excitement of it all. haha Inevitably Luigi didn't do what mom yelled at him to do and he'd willing walk to his death over a cliff.

So I had Rich set it up and we played a few games, like Galaga and Commando and Super Mario Bros. and I remembered there was such a thing as secret areas for higher level places. What I miss is duck hunt and tetris which he did not own. I think ours came with Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt. But it was unplayable after Mike decided that our system needed to become a crayon box. heh. He stored all his crayons in the little slot and for some reason it wouldn't work after that. I wonder why...



That's how my life's been. How are you?
Me.

P.S. "butter mutter" was the correct answer.



No comments: