Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Down In The Mouth? It's Time For A Faith Lift
(I found this on the net)

I was always afraid that I would turn out to be one of those "God sending people". haha. Like the people who write us from the Philippines and fill the entire letter with "may God" "our good Lord" "Thank the Lord above" etc. etc. But I was always turned off by those people because their use of God was a scam so that they seemed as if they were worthy of the money that they were asking for. And yet when I think of the people in my life (the ones that I like) I ask God to look after them, in my own way I 'God-send' to them. But I don't do it with any hope of getting any material gain back (unless you count "good karma points" or the "hopefully it will tip the scales in my favor to getting into the cocktail party known as heaven" gain). hehe.

I wont even begin to pretend to understand what you're going through. All I can go by are the emotions I've ever felt from watching a movie as well as from what my imagination and empathy can conjure up for me.

The only advice I can give is what I know works for me: Talk to people about it. Talk to people who have gone through what you're going through as well as people in general; teachers, best friends, strangers (i find speaking to a stranger works wonders because it's like unburdening to someone who you'll never see again haha). Communication is a stress reliever. Always keep positive. Positive thoughts and actions help you from falling into a depression. Keep busy; this especially works well for me. I find something that interests me and I do it. I try new hobbies, like knitting or learning the guitar. It's okay to be sad but be realistic as well. Life is all about changes and to know that is to know that nothing is forever. Another thing that helps is prayer and/or meditation. And the best advice is that laughter is the best medicine! Watch funny movies... heh. Or read some funny jokes. Or what I actually find very funny is America's Funniest Home Videos. Sad? No, not at all! It's actually pretty funny.

Keep writing, it works too.
There are lots of help you can find on the internet. Do the research, I know a lot of people find comfort in not being in the dark. Hope you're well. I ask you all out there to say a little prayer.

Me.

No comments: