Monday, January 03, 2005

We Meet Today

As the clock struck midnight and inched me
to January i endorsed howard dean and celebrated my monkey, chinese new year but found that

in February i froze to death in my wet pants and tried to knit myself a cardigan, but i found hints of love here and there to keep me warm on valentine's day and leaped

to March when I read the best book I've ever read called "Three Junes" by Julia Glass (next to East of Eden) and found myself springing forward

to april. April 4th 2004, to be exact. the last time it was 04.04.04 was 100 years ago. and waited for signs of spring where I found them

in May as I zoomed around with my skyward kite beside the cherry blossoms but had enough sense to come down to see Brad Pitt in Troy as well as

see my brother give his graduation speech in June and return a day later for Jury Duty, with Rich in tow. That's something I wont forget. And sometime

in July we celebrated America and backed John Kerry for President and saw the heat rise in Fahrenheit 9/11,

and the clouds gathered in August for thunderstorms and hurricanes while I lost myself to Ages of Empires II and lost my beloved garden,

but in September I found some reparations on my birthday, with family and friends and turned 24, this close to 25 and doodled my life away but got a jolt

in October when someone told me he was willing to make an honest woman of me even though I went through some "dishonest" deeds to be made into an honest woman. haha. "Let's go take a lovely walk here...". Disappointment follows when one is dishonest, and disappointment appeared in the form of a Red Sox win and it followed me to Halloween where I couldn't wear a costume, but disappointment reared its ugly head again

in November when the election results showed a close win for the Republicans, but I had three weeks to recover and by Thanksgiving I was feeling better, giving thanks to family, friends, scrabble, pancit molo and chicken lollipops. heh oh and one more thing to be thankful for, the coming of

December and Christmas. Making lists, checking them twice and wrapping those darn presents. Also getting ready for a new year and a move away. Seemed so far away from the clock ticking me past 2003 and now I am in 2005, looking back and looking forth to these following 12 months.

A year in the life of,
Me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »