Sunday, January 16, 2005

House Hunting and Matriarchal Societies

I suggest to anyone who is seriously looking to buy a house that you buy a house in the winter time. (Note, this only affects those who live in the north and who experience the four seasons). Winter is when a house looks its dowdiest and that's when you see it at its worst; bare trees, greying overcast skies, brown or no grass, etc. By seeing it at this time of year you will see how it will look in the winter of when you finally move into it and, as the saying goes, things will only get better. I compare it to seeing a loved one sick. I remember a friend from college telling me that her newly acquired boyfriend took care of her while she was sick and in her words, "well I guess he'll stick around since he's seen me with snot dripping down my nose and vomit coming out of my mouth and didn't get turned off". Eureka!


I was watching Spiketv last night and caught some "Amazing Videos", one of which an elephant had accidentally caught her back leg into the hole of a tire swing. Well "amazingly" all the elephants came over when she called and they did everything to help her out, from grabbing on to it and pulling to cheering her and encouraging her to yank it free, and when she finally did they consoled her. Yeah, I'm sure I'm reading into it a little more than I should but I've seen documentaries on elephants in the wild and they are protective, helpful and kind creatures who talk to one another. They talk! Albeit, not in english, but let's face it huh, we look down on people who don't speak the language we speak, or if they do and they speak it with an accent. We do it because we think that they are stupid or slightly less intelligent than us. Look at it this way, they look down on you for not speaking their language.

Another issue with elephants. They live in a harmonious society. Why? Because they live in a matriarchy. Long live women! I told Rich, "perhaps we would be living in this kind of society if we let women rule a little bit," and of course he quietly agreed (because no man would really like it if a woman ruled him, but he's too smart to disagree with me *whipping sound). hahaha. Nah, he wears the belt in this relationship. Don't you? shnugglewumpus? Ahem.
Then I thought about it and I said, "I think women can rule only if we were all just big and fat" and he said "yah! you would rule through cooking!" but I meant it in another way. I've seen examples on tv and in my own personal experience of how strong women still get the pang of jealousy when another specimen of female walks in the room and her boyfriend turns his head (I'm not calling myself a "strong" woman heh). And even though I would bet my cat that Rich would never cheat on me, I can't put faith in another woman. But don't you see how sad that is? It's not the other woman's fault but rather my own insecurities. Once we get over it we can rule, but (I know I've posted this similar train of thought over and over again) forget about getting over it, we should just rule.

Oh and a note on cheating and Rich and me... I know he would never cheat on me and I would never cheat on him, not because there's no opportunity to do so, but because why should one eff up a great relationship that's based on trust and love for some quick high, some superficial, passing bout of hormones? My fantasy is if he were to come to my house, cook me dinner, do the laundry, make the bed, vacuum, iron and take the dishes out of the dishwasher. Haha, Rich supplies everything else I need. Man who needs a swiss army knife when a man can do all that for you? Now that's a present. Oh god, I wandered. Last note. I think it would be easy to cheat, what's really fuggin hard is trying to work on a relationship, but who said doing good was easy? Be good out there. You know who you are!

Me.
P.S. So sorry for the long post. Thank you, comaggen.
P.P.S. This is for my own personal knowledge. Look up ultimate fighter on spiketv. (yes i read my own blog, don't you, loser?) heh.