Friday, June 11, 2004

Take My Breath Away

So Rich and I went running this morning around the field. Mind you that I try to jog everyday for about a mile and a quarter, with warm up and cool down(on the treadmill), so I saw that measly field as no challenge and I even told Rich that we could probably go around it twice. So we were under way and since he runs faster than I do he took the lead. About halfway through the field I almost passed out! My lungs were on fire and I was panting! That's when thoughts of perhaps having an asthma attack came into my head and Rich was going around a bend and I couldn't spot him. I slowed to a walk and breathed deeply. I realized that I was breathing in and out of my mouth and not in through my nose out with my mouth, when I tried it it seemed to ease the burning in my lungs and I went back to jogging but it still hurt. My God how huge the field seemed! Finally I saw the end of it all and I had to slow to a walk again because the burning started up again. When I got there Rich asked me if I was okay and to guess how long our little run took. Well I guessed that mine was about 8 minutes and I was correct, which was a bit of a shock to me since on the treadmill I would go double that time and just be sweaty, but not half dead. Rich ran it about two minutes before me and he said his throat was on fire too. We came up with the conclusion that we were seriously out of shape. haha Now I gotta get into "field running" shape and hopefully the treadmill will help. I'll have to punch it up to 10mph. ahhh! haha I remember earlier in our lives we used to go jogging everyday by the beach and do it with steep hills and loose gravel and do it for half and hour without nearly passing out and now with nice soft, flat grass I couldn't do it for 8 minutes. Christ, what's become of us? haha. Well it'll only get worse with the heat coming on and the humidity slowing us down. Can I do it? Nike tells me to "Just do it"... too bad I wear New Balances. heh.

Me.

P.S.
Saw "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" and it was better than the first two, by a long shot. Maybe because it was a better director. And the artistry shots were better than the first two too. I give it 3 and 1/2 stars (outta 4). Have a great day everyone!

ditto.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »