Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Oh My Tired, Aching Limbs!

Well whaddaya know? I returned to Massachusetts on Sunday for various obligations... but I had to return to Nueva York on Monday! for a very important obligation: JURY DUTY. Yes, you heard right. While I was there for Mike's graduation, I did try to deal with it but it seems that no one will help you. I couldn't call anyone, it's all automated, and when I got there the person to help me was not there. They did tell me that I should return on the day of and show whoever my driver's license (Massachusetts) as proof. Well on Sunday I convinced Rich to take a drive down with me on Monday morning... at 3:30 in the morning. (I had to be there by 8:30). To make a long story short, we got there at exactly 8:30, after monday morning traffic, and I had to sit with these people, summoned for jury duty, for an hour! before someone could hear my case, and once they did they dismissed me with no problems, in a matter of seconds. I left Rich in the car and found him enjoying the Stern Show on the radio and watching the view of the White Plains library. We drove back to my house and used the bathroom, took my mom for a quick drive, while she chattered along about her trip to Atlantic City, then we all said goodbye and I drove back at 11. We stopped several times on the way because I was so tired. Last stop we went to this rest area and I fell asleep and woke up 20 minutes later choking and refreshed. heh. We got home at 3:30 and I immediately went to sleep. Woke up a few hours later hungry for dinner and found Rich asleep next to me, he didn't get up til much later. But yah, that's all. I gotta run... although I can't go running because it's that time of the month again! Everything is in pain! What's new?

Have a great day everyone!

Me

No comments: