Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Name Calling


I always think about this because it's such a weird incident. About sometime in January I got this email from another Michelle with the same last name, writing to me because of some mix up. You see, one of my poems is published on the internet... though I must say I didn't give that website any permission to and it's not one of my better poems... but anyway she said that she was the real michelle -- "i think its highly unlikely that there might be someone out there w/ the same name. i do write poems and i send them to my buddys but this is not my work. can i have an explanation to why my name is used in this publication." haha. That's an excerpt from the email, then there was another email when she finally figured out that it was my poem and that she was sorry. So intrigued that someone actually had my name, I contacted her and told her I was filipino...etc. I figured she was Hawaiian because of her email name, but as it turned out she was filipino too but lived in Hawaii. And now I wonder... imagine if she looked like me too? It would be the long lost twin I've always wanted. haha I onced had an emailpal named V-ichelle from the Phils and she was strange, I eventually ended our emails. I didn't like Ally McBeal. heh.


Oh yeah, there's this commercial on tv with these women fumbling and spilling their lunches and drinks in their mad scramble to get their cameras and only one of them had this digital camera and she's the one who manages to take a pic of Steven Tyler (Aerosmith) and it reminds me of the day Rich and I went to our local fishmonger and novelty fruit market, and our monger (hah, i just like that word "monger") asked us if we had seen "Steven Tyler" except with the Boston accent it came out "Tylah", and so I was in this rush to find him around the store, going through the aisles and stuff, but of course I didn't get to see him. Rich said he thought he mighta saw him when we first came in, then he remembered that a member of Aerosmith lives in our little town. But that may not be true. Haha. walking around the store it looked as if people had awed looks on their faces. I just wanted to see if his lips are as big in real life... haha.

Sitting around with three fans blowing on me. Boy it's hot. It's supposed to cool down some tomorrow.

Night night all.

Me