Thursday, June 03, 2004

Cats and Dogs, Death and Talent Shows

It's been nothing but rainy and wet. Yesterday, in the car, I noticed lightning shooting in the sky and drove through several little downpour episodes. I woke up to rain again this morning. But according to my weather link it should be beautiful Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Last night I had several dreams. The first one was that I was put to death by lethal injection, and before I was killed the thought ran through my mind, (in a slight state of panic) of what would happen when I die? And then they shot me. I "woke" up to find that I was a ghost and several years in the future. I was "haunting" my great, great, grand nephew who insisted on calling me "Ate". haha. It seems as if, in the future, the family kept the line of Filipinos strong and only married other Filipinos. So strong in fact, that my "victim" spoke with an accent. haha

My next dream had me back in grade school. I think the teacher had split us into a few groups, so we could perform something for the talent show as a whole. I was in a group where we had to perform "Mary's Little Lamb". My job was to sit in the audience and chant the nursery rhyme while "Mary" pranced around on stage with her little lamb. We had built a set of cabinets where she would "find" the lamb peeking through and such. This was only the dress rehearsal, mind you, so we were just goofing around. After our team was done, I turned to a boy, who looked a lot like, McCauley Caulkin, and he was boasting to me about how he would win the talent show, and I shook my head and claimed that my recitation of Auden's "Funeral Blues" would bring the house down and win me the talent show. I think that's where it ended.


Just a few explanations of the above dreams...I know where they stem from. The first half of dream numero uno, was from talking to Rich yesterday about life longevity and how he and I prefer to die at a not so old age. I worry about feeling trapped inside a decrepit old body while my mind feels only 14. Also he mentioned how people are trying to find the "fountain of youth" by keeping our cells from aging and in my mind I had thought, oh no! we're all gonna have death clinics where people will just line up outside and they just give you a shot and you're dead. What if these cells mutated and had us living biblical spans? But that's the first half of the dream. I don't quite know where the second half came from...

The second dream all comes from talking with Mike about his talent competition. He's made it to the final round! yay Mike. I think the Caulkin boy might be his friend Aaron, who's also competing in the show. well there ya have it! I'll post more later. Have a great day peeps!!

Me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP georgia skin care Black and latino men homemade skin care recipes