Friday, June 04, 2004

Dream A Little Dream

Last night I had a very nice dream. Well I think it was nice and I guess that's what counts (well the first part anyway). In the dream I was walking the back roads to our local supermarket, just down the street from us. In real life that road is busied by businesses and condos but in my dream it was all fields, ripe with wheat and golden grasses. It felt close to the very beginning of autumn, when it's still warm and mellow and honeyed. I'm walking the road alone, and i'm close to the supermarket and I look up at the trees and their leaves, and the colors are brilliant. First just a bright yellow, like the color our maple tree gets in the first stages of fall. The next tree is even better, flaming reds and oranges. I keep walking and looking up I see another trees leaves, and this one is the best of all, its leaves are tinged in green and orange, yellow and red, and in the light breeze they stir and seem to glimmer around me. For some reason looking at beautiful leaves gave me a happy feeling and I did a little twirl and spin beneath the tree. That's when I realized that there were a bunch of guys watching me, and when they saw that I saw them they started hooting, and though I was uneasy and embarrassed I walked past them and got to the supermarket. My mom was waiting for me and I told her what had happened and she laughed and continued shopping.

I think it's a sign that something wonderful will happen in the fall, and then something that I may be unsure of (and perhaps a tad embarrassing) will occur but I'll push through and no matter what happens my family will always be there. Or... my inner tree hugger/goddess came out and was shut down by a few, more crude of us, and looking for some comfort I found it in my mom? haha. Whatever. I thought it was pleasant anyway. And I was a bit surprised at my determination to go through the bunch of menacing men instead of finding a different route. Tylenol's "Push through the pain" award goes to me...
haha.

Okay, I'll go post a joke soon.
Nice day huh?
Me