Thursday, June 17, 2004

Improvement

So we went running today, and it was hot and humid. I looked upon that field with a little trepidation since last time I almost had my lung burst. But before going out to the field Rich said that perhaps I was breathing wrong, and then showed me to breathe with my abdomen and not my chest. Well so out on the field Rich quickly sped past and I kept at a constant jogging rate. I focused in on my breathing and that really helped me to forget everything else. Part of the technique, I realized is that I shouldn't look to the "finish line", but focus in on what was in front of me. I was proud of myself because I did not once have to stop to walk and catch my breath, my lungs were not on fire, and I finished the jog a minute earlier than before. Rich and I both improved from before, and though I was soaked with perspiration I felt good. Looking forward to the next bout. Only...my legs were a bit shaky, but I blame the uneven ground. heh.

Oh I saw "The Station Agent" last night. I thought it was good. If the trailer to the movie "Lost in Translation" didn't turn you on then you shouldn't watch this movie. But it was funny and sweet. Two words should sum it up... independent film. Watch it, it's good. Oh yeah, I also saw "Club Dread"... raunchy and funny, scary and gruesome, I enjoyed it. Just beware, there's some nudity. Yeah, it's a spoof on horror movies... ya know, out in the woods, mass murderer on the loose... yeah that was good too. More for a general public than "The Station Agent".

Me

P.S. Does anyone have a phobia of dwarves?