Wednesday, June 23, 2004

So Mike and I went to Wendy’s last night. I know, I know, and I try to discourage fast food habits from developing…however, that is not the point of this blog. The point is I’ve never noticed how many overweight people there are in this world. Everyone on line was, in my opinion obese. I probably never noticed before since if I do have the urge to eat that stuff I usually go through the drive thru. By the way, Wendy’s is off my list. They got rid of my favorite grilled chicken sandwich and replaced it with a similar counterpart that wasn’t as tasty. Now I’m not putting ‘em down since I gained 15 pounds from what I used to be, I’m making up for it now because after this mi madre and I will be using the track. Funny enough, when I saw her this morning she smiles and says “how are you?” and then says, “do you wanna walk around with me?” Now I took her to mean her garden which is in summer splendor, and a favorite thing for us to do (walk around the garden inspecting plants, that is). I said, “where?” since I had jogging on my mind, but she replied, “oh around the track,” and so I consented since it’s better to walk around 8 times with mom than jog alone twice. Good thing I have a mom who’s not only willing but actually suggested it. I know she read my mind. Heh.

Oh one last thing before I go, I had to get a couple of things from my car, so stepping out I noticed that the air had a very humid quality, it also smelled like sea air. I said to mom, “oh doesn’t it smell like the ocean out here?” she then replied, “oh they just picked up the garbage, maybe you’re smelling fish.” Haha. Mom always said she wasn’t romantic. Now I see her point. By the way, today’s Mike’s graduation and so I’ll be off before noon to hear my- erm his speech. Dad said there was something missing and I agreed. I really didn’t have the time to look it over before he handed it in to be inspected, but that’s neither here nor there. And I have to get out of here and head over there. Fight the bulge!

It’s supposed to be beautiful today. Have a great one everyone. Oh happy belated Summer!

Me

Ooh update… so we are back from Mike’s graduation and lunch. It was nice. They held it at the Westchester convention center, and we were kept awake with the air conditioner but in actuality it only lasted about an hour and a little more. Mike said his speech and it was received well, much better than the poor valedictorian who had a thick accent and spoke so low we had to strain over the murmuring parents to hear her, not to mention that her family sat behind us and they smelled as if they didn’t know what deodorant was. But finally the calling of the names, the marching on stage, the throw of caps, and out again into the glaring sunlight.

We went over to Mamaroneck to eat at this restaurant called the Bangkok Thai Restaurant. Mmm, delicious. I can see why they were in the Zagat’s survey. A few things, it’s an unassuming little restaurant on a strip, and really very few seats. Also they closed from 3-5, and we got there sometime around 2, (we found out that they closed during that time because that’s when they had their lunch, and then mom waits to tell us that she and friends had eaten there and one of her friends only gave a 10% tip and was yelled at by the waitress who said the least she shoulda given was 15%, how embarrassing. But the woman was friendly towards us... heh

We had an appetizer of hot wings “thai style”, then entrees (family style) we had gad yang (I hope I spelled that right,) it was just half of a chicken fried and served with a sauce, there was the Padh Cashew Nuts (chicken and cashews), Koong Rama (shrimps sautéed with onions, sweet peppers, pineapples, celery, scallions and cashew nuts in roasted chili paste) and tiger cries (which was sliced beef, sorta bbq flavor) but it was all good. I noticed that all of it was slightly sweet and very spicy, but it was good. By the time we were done I couldn't get up. I wouldn't be surprised if I learned that I had gained another 15 pounds! And then home. I’m tired! I think I’ll nappy nap. Hey there’s a show on tonight on NBC called “THEM” at 8. Don’t miss it if you’re a magic fan.

Toodles again!

Me.