Friday, December 10, 2004

Surprise Me

I was in the shower when I thought to myself, hmm, it would be really sweet if Rich got me a surprise present, something expensive, something I would never expect. It's true that Rich would get me a present that I was hoping for and spoke to him about and planned ahead of time with lots of research behind it, however I've never gotten anything as a "surprise", I think because he hates getting surprises. Then as the shampoo ran down my face and into my eyes I thought, god how would I react to a $1500 Louis Vuitton bag? I think my first thought would be "why did he buy me such an ugly bag?" then my next thought would be "i don't need a bag and what ever would I use this for?" then I would yell at him for spending so much for it. I am absolutely clueless when it comes to expensive handbags, only from what I see on tv, and shoes (I know the name blahniks and to tell the truth I wouldn't know the difference between them and payless shoes), no idea the difference between the "name brand" clothes and wal-mart and my engagement ring could be a cubic zirconia and I would never know the difference. Standing under the hot water and half-meditating and half-thoughts-running-through-my head I said, what I really want would be a nice pair of earmuffs. I really need a good pair. Black would be nice, because then I'd look as if I just let my ear hair grow free. Yeah, nice and warm. Then the hot water ran out and I really wished I had warm earmuffs. hehe.

Have a great night everyone.
Me

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps a surprise present of books? Hmm which books... how about the Dhammapada and the Bhagavad Gita?

"Living beings, led by craving, rush about aimlessly like trapped rabbits. Caught up in their desires, they suffer over and over again."

"Through craving for possessions the fool destroys himself and others as well."

You see, although I am not an enlightened one, a buddha, I admire the path to enlightenment. Perhaps not at the end of this life, but I hope sometime to fully walk the path to end the cycle of rebirth. I try to maintain behavior consistent with the path. I can't be perfect but the easy and obvious things I do pretty much stick to. The others, I work on. I have this lifetime to straighten some things out so that in the next I will be even closer. I would also prefer to walk this path with a wise person who is there to make sure I walk a straight line. I try and do the same for those around me.

grr!! okay I'll get you some stupid ear muffs!!! gah!!

Michelle said...

oh good one...
didn't you read the title of my blog? jeepers.

no earmuffs! no-earmuffs-for-you! SURPRISE ME

Anonymous said...

I think there could be something spiritually wrong with doing so. I would have done it already if it seemed the right-thing-to-do.