Friday, December 31, 2004

For Old Long Ago

Well I've just found out something. But I guess I'll keep it to myself for now.

I have a new blog layout waiting in the wings but I guess I'll put it up later. Just too lazy and too unknowledgeable at copy and paste that I'll wait til the other one is awake and bug him about it. heh. The secret it to act like a girl and they do everything for you. Problem is you get too used to doing that that you no longer can do anything for yourself. Ah me.

So it's a new year's eve (or morning, rather). So many things have transpired this year. I can barely recall any of them. I confuse them with previous years. I hope the new year brings only good things but I guess you can't be selfish (and blind at that). You should take the bitter with the sweet and realize that it is not one or t'other. But either way I can still go about wishing you all a very happy new year and if not a "very happy" one then at least one in which you are content and satisfied with everything you do and receive and don't receive. Be good, all of you. I mean it.

Plans for today and tonight? Well I shall be cooking, then I'll take a nap since I have gotten myself used to going to bed early, and I want to be up for the ball dropping and the kissing session Rich and I will have. EW. No we don't and wont do that. heh. Ok maybe just a little. But perhaps my brother would like to play a game of Literati tonight? I'll call and see. heh. Don't forget the grapes, the noodles, wearing red, and the coins in your pocket. And don't forget that you have to jump up and down so that you'll grow in the coming year. haha. I jumped last year but still stayed at my height. It's funny but the superstitious ties all relate to one culture or another. The grapes are from some spanish influence (you know the 12 grapes at midnight to bring you luck in the 12 months), the noodles (for long life) and the wearing of red (for good luck/prosperity) all have asian influences (meaning chinese). The coins? I dunno. And the jumping is weird too. heh. I know in my household there's the old standard of everything being filled and at the ready. Like we always have to have a full pot of freshly cooked rice, the gas (car) is filled, we have plenty of food cooked, we have plenty of oil, vinegar, soy sauce, just everything is new or refilled. I guess it's just a way to start the new year off, so that on the day of you wont be yelling at someone for not buying soy sauce especially since everyone takes that day off. heh. And I guess so that it's the thought/superstition that you wont run out of anything during the year. Oh I gotta run.

Have a wonderful time all and have a great weekend too!
It's nice and warm out.

Me.
P.S. My nose bled this morning. That means two things: first, that's it's really dry out and the second is for me to know and you to find out. haha.