Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Essay

Alright, who wrote the long essay on weight loss and mental health? Huh? I say "gee thanks" to you. Anywho... so I'm up, after a 10 hour sleep-a-thon. I was drifting off to sleep around 8 when sometime later my cellphone's incessant buzzing jolted me awake and I listened to it buzz itself right off the desk and pop open onto the floor. I know it opened because my room was suddenly filled with blue light. So in my semi-blindness I reach down and find the source of the light with my hand and lo and behold it is my brother, finally getting back to me with an answer to my question of "how was your exam?" He was shocked to find that I had been sleeping but we talked for a few. First off, his exam was fine and he has to write a paper for Thursday. Then he likes the no work-ness of pocky sticks as opposed to yan-yans. Why that came up was that I was at the Asian market and saw them displayed and wondered which Mike preferred. Didn't matter any way since I picked up both kinds.

Oh by the way, sorry that there isn't a new poll up... it's due to two things... slow dial up and I can't remember my password. So deal with it.

Okay back to topic. So while at the Asian mart I saw Aunty Phoebe (I wonder if that's how she spells her name and it's not "Feebee" or something) and she had in tow her youngest daughter. Now I almost said "hey Baby-Girl" because I know one of her two daughters has that nickname but luckily I listened to my inner mind who shouted "shut up! if you doubt what her name is then just say "hello" and be done with it" and so I said "hello". I learned that lesson earlier in the day (please reference Michelle's dry cleaners incident). Lucky for me I learn quickly... So then I had to cover that "almost embarrassing moment" by really having an embarrassing moment. Aunty Phoebe says "oh I heard the good news" and I said "oh thanks so much" and then she says "congratulations" and I'm like "oh... thanks so much again!" gee I can't even let her talk. But anyway so I confirmed my suspicions later that night when talking to Mike that her youngest daughter is not in fact nicknamed "babygirl" but rather it is her eldest daughter that holds that title. hmm.

I went on to tell Mike that I made bihon (rice noodles filled with veggies and chicken, pork and chinese sausages) and that the parents devoured it. He said "great, there wont be any left for me to eat when I get there" but I said "never fear for I shall save you some in bowls and write your name upon it!" He can have all the portions I didn't eat. Too bad though, because the apple pie is almost gone, and that's all mom's work. heh.

We decided that the ultimate pizza challenge will be held on the Thursday he gets back. We also decided that the $25 gift certificate mom received but let us have will go to a "family gift" of a new big big cooking pot. Mom's been dropping hints left and right for a really long time now and since it's her money might as well spend it on her. Yesterday she said to me "oh I've been really searching for one of those really big pots but I can't seem to find any," and then a minute later she says "oh don't forget you have that $25 g.c. that you and Mike can spend" and then she drove me past this store called something like "chef's gear" and pointed it out to me, "oh I've never been in there..." she must think that I am so dense. haha.

Okee I gotta go run a marathon. It really isn't to burn off the calories I just ate but rather to burn off the fat I made while I slept last night. That's why it's better to exercise first thing before you eat, so that you burn off the stores from the night before. Blah blah blah. I aint mental. But I am a fatty-bumba. (fatt-hi-boomba)

Love you lots. You know who I'm talking about.

Me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Along with exercising your body, you should exercise your mind. A well disciplined mind is the key to the end of suffering.

Without a well disciplined mind we are selfish and self-centered brats that want everything and who expect the world to provide for our happiness. With discipline we can suppress this apect of our animal nature which will make way for the loving kindness that is left.

Who do you want to be: a fiendish brute that acts on impulse to fulfill his every selfish desire no matter the harm it causes; or a well disciplined, kind, caring, friendly person that is a joy to all that know him?

And if you are the religious sort, guess which path will get you closer to knowing God?

Anonymous said...

Her nickname is Aiza. I think her real name is Maria, or something like that. Oh, and it's Febe.

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Gmac mortgage home owners insurance incorporating a motorcycle club Getting credit with major credit card Lasik for high myopia Cell broadcast service on blackberry Top 10 incorporating services Epen hair removal discount