Sunday, December 19, 2004

The Blurbs

Here are quick li'l anecdotes of my time in New York:

Nailman
While I was talking to my mom as she got her nails done at the nail salon, the guy who was painting her nails asks us if we were from Thailand and then told us that he went to Thailand once. Then the little old lady who owned the store said "oh, he has a girlfriend in Thailand" and so then the guy sheepishly shows us a picture of him with this woman in a low cut, sexy red dress. Then my mom says to me "oh you think those are implants?" and then the little old woman says to us "that's not a woman! That's a man! hahahaha" and mom turns to the guy and asks "so those are implants?" heh.

Tail of the Moaning Woman
While Mike was taking pictures of the children playing the piano at our annual Christmas party he thought he heard some woman behind him moaning. Then he turns around and sees the old man, wearing a grey suit, standing behind him and that's when Mike realized that the "moaning" sound was the old man farting. haha.

I'm Not Stupid, Stupid
While driving around with Mike and Mom, Mom said "oh that stupid driver" then apologizes to Mike for saying the "s" word. Ughh. "Sorry Mike, that just slipped out." Gahh

Certified Birth
So on the day I left Mom found a copy of my birth certificate and now I can get married in peace. Whew!!

Mister Lover Man
At the Christmas Party Arlyne, Julie and I were accosted by Aunty Louisa, who, playing matchmaker, introduced us to this man who was single and looking. Arlyne being the only one of us who was sweet enough to sit there and talk to him became the object of his "wooing". haha. I maliciously referred to him as Arlyne's "lovah" and he kept coming back to whisper sweet nothings to her only to be laughed at when he left. At the end of the night he, like any gentleman, thanked Arlyne for a wonderful time and said how wonderful it was to meet her. Ooh baby, "I'm in lab with a man nearly twice my age."

I Like It Better When It Hurts
Man something happened when I was in New York but I just don't know what because now I have this huuge bruise on my right waist side. Maybe Rich punched me on my side while I slept last night "that's what you get for leaving me". I finally had a chance to look at it this morning and it's purple. heh. Ow

Haste Makes Waste
Yeah so I forgot my laptop plug in NY in my rush to get back to Massachusetts. Dummy. Watch that "d" word! I need my mom to mail it to me but it's Sunday so I wont get it til sometime like Friday. ooh that makes me so mad!

Life In Mono
Here's Ryan's xanga. Click here!! Hope I spelled that right.

You're So Sweet
Thanks so much for the presents all. I am so happy! haha. I especially liked the presents Mike gave me. I shall cherish my Moses and Jesus action figures. haha. I peeked before Christmas time! Bad! Bad!

I will post the outcome of the Pizza Challenge tomorrow. Hope George got home safe and sound from his 8 hour drive! I'll try to post some pics some time when I finally receive my laptop plug. heh. Sorry. Have a wonderful rest of the week!! Only 6 days left til Christmas! Yay!!!

Me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like our moms would be best buds. mine likes to get her nails done too. she goes to vietnamese instead of cambodians though. maybe your mom could be my mom's home-health-care nurse. she'll probably need one.

Anonymous said...

That's rude of that woman to impose her single friend on a bunch of spoken-for young ladies.

Anonymous said...

I think Jesus is a more appropiate action figure this time of year. Moses is a little too jewy for christmas. Also, his whole adventure in the desert shines a really negative light on the jews that he led out of egypt. They started worshipping golden cows and losing their faith left and right.

Although if you want to read something that berates the jews left and right try the Koran. You wouldn't think it literally yelled at them and chastised them but it does. It's no wonder there seems to be an anti-jew bias in the muslim world.