Tuesday, November 02, 2004

And In Other News...

So today is voting day. I will fail to assert that right and responsibility because I have not registered. Anywho, doesn't matter because New York and Massachusetts are both democratic states and will give it to Kerry... however, I will register in Florida if we stay longer than two years because of its swing-state stature. Well we'll soon find out who the "winner" will be. But there are high hopes for big K. (Hey that's mine, made up on the spot, so ya can't steal it). My brother is home voting his little heart out, and will be driven up to New Paltz in time for his 10 o'clock class. I think he just wanted to experience the whole voting sensation, with the booths and curtains. I have an idea he's throwing his vote away but what are ya gonna do? I heard Andy Rooney say that if you're ignorant of the facts then don't vote but...can you name two of your state senators?

I will be home the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Mom says she's throwing a little party. hehe. She said, jokingly (I hope) that it was to be my bridal shower. What I can remember from these dreaded bridal showers I attended as a child was that people (all women) gave presents like lingerie and ooh'd, ahh'd and told dirty jokes. Then they made you strut around with the lingerie hanging around your neck while they cackled and remembered their own weddings, and wedding nights. I hope this wont be a chance for all of them to impart their own love-making secrets. EWW. But knowing all of them, it is (the worse offenders being loose-Luisa and spicy-Susie oh and you may think Aunty Jo is quiet and unoffending but I got some stories to tell you). I will of course be found on the floor laughing my a$$ off. I wonder if I can finally drop the "aunty" and just call them all by their first names... I already do, behind their backs. Don't you dare tell anyone!!!! Ahhh!! Hahaha. By the way, the wedding will be in Disney. Yay.

Oh I feel like a big disappointment. I failed to wear a costume for halloween! The kids on the street have come to expect a costume for the past six years that I've answered the door to pass out treats. This one kid...whom I shall call Harry Potter, always tells me how great my costumes are. He even came by last year, with a friend to show her my costume! His words, "they always have great costumes here". Then when I answered the door I saw his face drop. Oh my gosh, I'll never get over that. It's like finding out there is no santa claus. I hope he liked my sleepy college kid costume, when I wore my SUNY New Paltz t-shirt and sweat pants. (Hey George get me a SUNY Buffalo t-shirt! I'm gonna ask Isa for a UPenn t-shirt, I have my UMass sweatshirt and fake Harvard Hoodie.) hehe. I was gonna yell after them, "wait!! I'll throw together a costume!! Don't goooo!" The rest of the people were a little disappointed that I didn't wear a costume either. Oh gosh, I'm so sad. I'm still reeling from it.

Oh Florida's doing it again!! I heard, Rich's sister was told to vote some place she wasn't familiar with instead of where she should be voting, near her. So, because of that little "mess up" she's not voting, because she doesn't know where to go! If that's not a scam I don't know what is. Stupid Florida. Ughh.

Have a wonderful November!!! I'll tell Mike to stay in school so we can drive up to pick him up. The drive up is so nice and soothing. Not too many cars on the road either. heh.

Have a wonderful day all!

Me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She moved to a new town and she re-registered to account for the change of address. It didn't work because it still has her registered at her old address. And the FL law is that it is illegal to vote in a district that you do not live in. She no longer lives at her old address so it is illegal for her to vote there. So she is not voting. Plus, she lives in central Florida. The local FL news is soliciting for stories of trouble voting in central Florida. It's a hot-bed of contraversy there.

Anonymous said...

If some people don't vote in an obviously clearly decided state, it does not matter because the "popular vote" does not matter. Within the state, just a tiny margin over the opposition will shift ALL of the state's electoral votes towards the candidate having the slight majority of votes. It is then the electoral college votes that decide the president. Only 2 states do not give all of their electoral votes to the candidate with the majority of votes.

One other justification for not voting: What is done with the voter registration lists? They are used for stuff. You can't trust it.

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »