Sunday, November 21, 2004

"I Hope She's Not Playing Me Like A Turkey"


In three days I will be home in Nueva York, cooking my butt off, preparing for Thanksgiving. But before any of that can happen I must work my butt off here in Massachusetts in time for Real Estate giving (tomorrow), meaning some woman is going to be taking a tour of the house and use her great mental powers and prowess to determine how much this house will sell on the market. I cannot believe it's Sunday already. I have a bunch of areas to "tidy" up before she comes. Last Sunday, Rich and I went to our local library and watched this "intimate concert" presented to us by the "transcontinental duo". It was a Russian man (acoustic guitar and 7 string guitar) and Japanese woman (flute and acoustic guitar). They played a repetoire of russian songs and it was actually pretty darn good, I was impressed and moved. Funny enough, one of the songs they played was this song Mike and I sang a lot because we'd go to Queens with my parents' friends every weekend and go to this restaurant/night club where this Filipina would sing "Those were the days my friend, I thought they'd never end..." and we'd go dancing around with Maan and Ayet. I forget if Arlyne came with us then, or not.

I guess I'll have to go running around the track with Mike when I go home to New York because my parents will not sit around and watch me not eat any food. sigh. They are such enablers. Can't blame 'em when the food's so good.

Last night, I broke down just a tiny bit and ate this creation that Rich came up with and I executed called "Cupcake Dream". That's what I call team work. I can't give you the secrets just yet but I can say it had pudding, whipped cream and cupcakes. It was a dream! So good and so rich that Rich could only eat three and this guy can eat the whole batch without batting an eyelash. I told myself the whole day that I would not succumb but I saw his face, the flicker of supreme joy in his eyes, and gave in. I got myself the tiniest sliver ever. I've basically cut all sugar out of my diet. That really helps. As Rich says "carb begets carb" and once you have a little, you crave even more. Remember when I had that rice at lunch with Ate Mae? Well the next day I indulged in fried potatoes smothered in gravy as if it were the last man on earth. God I still feel guilty about it. As everyone knows "unused" carbs becomes fat and having that bit of cupcake dream makes me want more sugar! more sugar! haha I'm working on it. No rice!

Anywho, I gotta catch "Best Week Ever" and clean up a little more. Hope to see you all soon!
Yay! Have a great day!

Me.

P.S. I don't like turkey. Chicken's fine for me.