Sunday, November 28, 2004

Back To Life, Back To Reality

Back on that diet I started. I'm sure I gained any of the weight I lost prior to Thanksgiving, due to the pig out sessions I had in my three day stint in New York. I know I have messed up the system because as I type this I am having hunger pangs and that can only be brought on by eating. haha.

That reminds me... I guess my "ultimate pizza challenge" will have to be postponed til I return in December, after the Christmas party. Mike and I were going to do it last friday but we went out and had no time in the evening. What does the "ultimate pizza challenge entail" you ask? Well there are several pizza places that we know of and others that were recommended to us and we wanted to narrow it down to one "ultimate pizza". We are not going to any chain stores, such as pizza hut and dominoes (i really don't like dominoes pizza anyway) but to the corner ones with real New York Italians working the dough, sauce and cheese-y toppings, like "Tony's" and "Angelo's" and "Bella's" ('cept we're not going to Bella's cause it aint that good and wasn't recommended by anyone.) One place is on Central Ave. near the racetrack, which was offered up to us by Mae and she heard it from her friends at work (when she used to work in NY) and it's one of those "dives" that all the stars go to because the pizza is sooo good. The other two are competing ones in our old neighborhood in the Bronx: Tony's, which was the most accessible since we didn't have to cross the street, and Lisa's which was harder since we had to cross two major intersections but I think it was tastier because the crust was thinner and delicious. Then there's Carlos' which is close to where we live now and I've heard good things about it from Mike and his friends, and actually Abelle told me about it a long time ago too. And there's one next to Ribs on the Run that we've never tried. Hmm. We might have to do a two day spree for this. Or order one slice from each and split it. I think we'll only order pepperoni and keep at it so that we don't have competing flavors and opinions on the topping alone. I want this solely about the pizza... hmm maybe we should just order plain slices then? We'll talk about it later.

Alrighty I gotta run. Have a good day all.

Me.


2 comments:

Michael "Paz" Pascua said...

Quick question about pizza challenge: Why does it have to be pepperoni? Can't it be like...well meatballs or sausage? Since they should make their own sausage or meatball but the pepperoni would taste the same? Or am i getting the idea soooo off, because i'm on a stupid high right now, i just finished posting my long post, which was a page and a half in 12 font times new roman on microsoft word.

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »