Friday, November 12, 2004

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

I went to the mall yesterday, first time in what seems like decades, dripping with leaves (having just finished helping Rich and his mom rake the leaves around the pool area) and smelling like pine needles. But I was slightly surprised to find that they have decorated for the holiday season already. It gets me so excited! It's almost time for our annual "picking of the Christmas card". You know that card you receive in the mail from us? That's an hour's worth of standing around in Hallmark listing the pros and cons of different cards. And because we live by the shore, the mall puts up lighthouses in the four corners (if you can call it that) of the mall, dressed in snow and winter fare. I didn't get to see if they did so because I went through Macy's and stayed within their confines. It was bu-say (biz-see). Soon they'll have santa in his chair, the lighthouse as the background, men and women dressed in outfits, or not at all, ringing the salvation army bell. I miss Cross County's Salvation Army man, the one who stands outside of cvs, playing the trumpet. These people don't even smile! I always wonder if they get paid for it or if it's volunteer work. Maybe I'll volunteer and sing to everyone who passes by. I'll get Mike to come up one weekend and sing with me. We'll have Rich on guitar, as accompaniment. haha. Whoa... wait a minute... not such a bad idea. And we don't have to be part of the organizations...heh.

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
ev'rywhere you go..."

mmm... I love November's dark grey days, the cold spurts of wind puffing through the window's crack. Time to make the doughnuts! Or make that Apple Pie... Alas, tomorrow will be Chocolate cake and peanut butter frosting...

Have a wonderful day everyone!! New Poll on the way.

Me.

Classic.

1 comment:

Michael "Paz" Pascua said...

Hey, what's up? Turns out that it's snowing here in New Paltz, what odd luck that you were talking about the holiday decorations going up. Anywho, if you want to see picture(s sorta) I made a new layout of my blog with me freezing my ass off.

Chocolate cake + Peanut Butter = Funny Milk commercial. Seriously, that's gonna stick to the roof of your mouth.