Saturday, November 06, 2004

This and That

Hey all! New poll, by the way. I'm working on my layout today. I came up with something not so fancy, but hopefully everything will fit inside. haha. Sometime today or tomorrow, expect a surprise!! haha. It's a joke!

I'm feening for Filipino food. Yay Thanksgiving! Julie and George, beg your mom to make me some of her fabulous chicken lollipop and that "wonton soup" (well I call it that, i don't know what it's called). She has to give me the recipe on the stuffing she puts inside the wrapper, and the soup... etc. Tell her she has to make it for me because this is one of the last times she'll see me before Florida. In reality I will see her perhaps three other times before I go. I'm almost her daughter for god's sake! haha. Then I'll beg dad to make dinuguan. Ew, I just saw pics of brown dinuguan after doing a search to check spelling. Gah! You know what? Dad doesn't make his spicy. That's because it's good! He doesn't need to cover his up with junk. haha. I want mom to make lumpia, or for English-only fiances, springrolls (hmm, what would dinuguan be in English? Roughly translated... to add blood? From the word "dugo"= blood. I dunno). I'll tell mom to make her fruit and macaroni salad. You know people would consider her fruit salad more like the "ambrosias" that I saw on foodtv, without the nasty marshmallows. Ok, marshmallows are not nasty, but imagine it in fruit salad? (Right Michelle, marshmallows are nasty... after you just told them about feening for slaughtered pigs' blood). You know what I like too? Lechon, or for E-o-f's "suckling pig". mmm pig! haha

Oh my gosh, I don't know if I every mentioned it but one of the guy's from Black Eyed Peas is Filipino. He lived in the Phils until he was in 15 then moved to Los Angeles. When he first went into Will's house, in the projects, after first moving to America he was like "whoa, you have a nice house! your toilet's inside!" after coming from having a toilet that was more like an outhouse and it didn't flush. heh. I find that funny because I know what that's like. I had to take a poo in the Phils and had to remember to get a bucket to "flush" the poo down with. And it was dark and stinky in there. I think some "water" splashed on my feet. Yup, it's good to be in the toilet bowl that's America. (Oh he's not the tall, native american looking dude... he's Mexican "Taboo")

I caught on the The Daily Show last night (it was the previous night's show), they had footage of Filipinos in the Phils. demonstrating against having Bush re-elected. They had them standing around with posters and one guy was lighting a poster, with Bush's pic on it, on fire. They also showed a pic of the Daily Mirror's cover that said "How can 59,054,087 people be so dumb?" haha. well it is just a tabloid...

Okay, looks nice out huh? Oh wait... it was nice out earlier, but now the grey is all over. Oh that's Bunches! Sootie Bunches, that is. Haha. Last night I was dreaming of a cat meowing and meowing and then I opened one eye and all I saw was a black little nose sniffing my face. Sooty was on top of me, meowing for attention and I think she might have been stealing my breath. haha. She's too adorable sometimes. I can't see how some people just don't care for their pets right, especially the mammalian ones. Rich and I drove over to the beach the other day and the neighbors' poor dog was leashed up by their tree just standing there in the freezing cold. Bastards. It's such a pretty dog too. I mean I can understand leaving an ugly dog outside.... just kidding!!! Gosh, don't call PETA. It's mean now, just barks and lunges at people passing by. Just like the "neglect" documentary I was watching yesterday, narrated by Susan Sarandon. It was called "Broken Child" and it spoke about the effects of children who are neglected and abused. The majority become abusers as well. The abuse and neglect really do something to their brain's functions, which make many of them short-tempered and full of rage, that they cannot control. One child, who seemed possessed by the devil himself, has a large tolerance for pain and one day, while watching a movie, reached up and took hold of his permanent tooth and ripped it out, root and all, without so much as a bat of his eyelashes. See what neglect does? Don't let this happen.

Ok, I gotta go. Talk to y'all later!

Me.