Saturday, November 13, 2004

"Lick My Stocking"

It was supposed to be "rip my stocking" but the Japs have a tongue confusion with their "r"s and "l"s. I stumbled on a phrase today, twas "sense luscious" (i call that "sibilacious", my word... root word, sibilant).

Oh, oh! It's a-snowing out. I woke up this morning and in my sans-glasses sightlessness (sibilacious) I saw the light! The light outside the window, caused by the reflection of light against the snow, thrown upon the tree, and I immediately knew there was snow on the ground... the tree told me. Oh how I love it, just snow, mind you. I dislike the wet, slushie sound the speeding cars make on the road outside. I even dislike the sloppy snow, clinging to my windowscreen. But I love dry, fluffy, virginal snow. I think I brought it on because yesterday morning I awoke the neighborhood to sounds of Clyde McPhatters and the Drifters singing "White Christmas", one of my favorite songs about Christmas. Funny enough, I only found it last year. (I never watched Home Alone). Another of my faves followed... Eartha Kitt's "Santa Baby" which I joke to everyone I will sing one day at our annual Christmas Party. I couldn't find the version that Marilyn Monroe sings. Oh well. Purrr-fect.

Okee I gotta run around now. Toodles. Haha. Oh and new poll!! Vote.

Have a lover-ly, snow-filled day all!

Me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »