Monday, August 11, 2003

yeah my posts wont publish so I don't even know why i'm typing this up! Yeah I missed the repeat of the special cheerleaders, i'm sad that I missed it. I think I have pretty good aim too Mick. Remember playland and the shooting games. I was good at those. But I dunno, I haven't had practice. I was good at archery too, but that was gym class, standing 20 feet away from it so...but whatever, I liked to imagine I was a female Robin Hood. Like that's Robin with a "y". haha. I just recently saw how my page looked on another computer and the colors are ew! I can't believe it. If it looks yellow rather than a mellow canteloupe then you're missing out. Maybe I'll fix it some time. I dunno. Here's an article on introverts... here. It's about a book written about introverts. Here are a few quotable paragraphs: " The first chapter has sections on different relationship pairings (introvert male with extrovert female, introvert female with extrovert male, introvert with introvert). These are insightful and, frankly, would have saved me some grief had I read them a number of years ago. The author gives specific tips for improving communication and understanding in each situation.

The chapter on parenting gives tips on identifying introverted children and coping with them. This will be more useful for an extroverted parent, who perhaps doesn't understand why sitting quietly and reading has such a strong appeal. The chapter also has tips for introverted parents with extroverted kids, who need a little more outward show than the parents are perhaps used to giving.

A section on socializing and small talk is in this section, but such things have been covered more extensively in books on overcoming shyness.

Introverts and extroverts often rub up against one another in the workplace. In the last chapter in this section, the author raises a number of issues and suggests ways to cope with them. For example, introverts tend to immerse themselves in a particular project, and like to work without interruption for extended periods. Intrusions disrupt concentration, and regaining it takes time and energy. Extroverts enjoy the occasional interruption, because it gives them an energizing break and avoids monotony. Both sides expect the other to feel the same way, so extroverts interrupt others with quick questions (which annoys the introvert), and introverts try to avoid interrupting others (which makes extroverts see introverts as aloof). The chapter also discusses participation in meetings, giving presentations, and just dealing with people who "interface" differently. " But you'll have to read more if you want to see.

No comments: