Friday, August 29, 2003

I am struggling with writing, not due to any writer's block or such, though I would have to be a true writer to have writer's block. I can't really describe this scribble as writing, but ya know. It's basically due to the fall-is-here feeling that makes me ansy, expectant and somewhat opposed to the fact that school is beginning again. geez! I can't seem to sit my butt down to jot down a few short stories for practice. I get to the beginning of things and then my characters leave me out of it and I'm left with an intro and no further story! Insane. I wrote that "nursery jive" and now I don't care nor do I have a clue what's going to happen. I started writing about single life, or rather the wish of being single, but it's fictitious, pretentious and downright silly. I have not deleted it. It's hard to kill your child, even if it's a monster. All i want is a few "short shorts" (short stories that don't exceed a few thousand words or so, or something like that) (not short pants). Looking at the word "short" i've realized that I've never really seen it before. It looks as if it's spelled wrong or something. Man even the words are turning on me. Well the only solution to that is to read! I'm reading the Poisonwood Bible. I forget if i've mentioned this already. Any way. I (or Rich rather) just looked more into the Bowling for Columbine documentary and we've found out that a lot of it is doctored. But i guess what isn't right? We want to persuade you into a thinking this way and how else but in editing? For example, any reality tv show, any courtroom for that matter, they want to portray the side that makes the audience feel either sympathetic or angered or some feeling besides indifference. you want them involved and you can skew their thinking by how you present the facts. Watch it anyway because it certainly affected me and you can have that experience too. Enough for today! Not in a joking mood!

Me

No comments: