Sunday, August 17, 2003

I'm a little tired. Rich and I didn't get to bed til late last night and I got up early this morning because a cat came and bounced on top of me and gave me an ear full of meowing. I don't know, i think it's when she gets up from sleeping to find us still in bed that she thinks we have to be woken up too. Bugle like. If I've gone in the morning and Rich is still asleep she'll bound right on top of him and caterwaul. But if one of us is up and is in the room she'll let the other sleep in peace. She probably just likes to know that somone is there and available for attention. If she were to post an ad in the newspaper she'd probably write:" i need someone who can give me attention when I need it and leave me alone when I don't. " This would probably summarize it all, clearly and concisely. I'm reading Stephen King's Everything's Eventual 14 Dark Tales and I have only 5 more stories to go. So far it's pretty good. The scariest, for me, being "1408" which I read last night at 1 in the morning and even though Rich was up working on the computer I still got creeped. It didn't help that when I finally had to shift away, with my back to him, he decides to leap on me to get a book on the book shelf. I almost wet my pants. Stephen and I haven't spoken in a while. I kept it up a little into college but was tempted off by college books full of inspiring writing and the likes. (many of them award winners) however when I decided that writing was something I wanted to look into truly I scanned the shelves and found his book On Writing which was awesomely written, very down to earth, very honest, very well written. I must confess though that while reading it I thought I could read a fiction book as well and have lost it to "underneath the bed monsters" meaning somewhere in that little space beneath the bed it's laying waiting patiently for me to finish it. But I will when i remember. My cat has just asked me for purrins, which reminds that she needs a new bear. I gotta go. And my zucchinis have some kind of mold on them so i gotta look into that. If any of you have suggestions please let me know.

Me

No comments: