Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Wet and Wild, Home Cooking

Hello all! It's been terribly rainy and wet the last few days and seems to be looking that way this weekend too. So prospects of going kayaking are slim. But maybe it will clear up enough to kayak for 2 hours? I hope.

In other news... a few days ago I looked over to see that my cellphone was blinking it's head off, which means I have a message, and to my surprise it was my cousin Mae, telling me that she and Isa were only two towns away from me and if I could join them for lunch! Well I called them back, said that would be fine with me and went in search of them. After a little confusion on both sides as to where they were I found them and we had lunch at a little Vietnamese restaurant. My order was good, just rice sauteed with shrimps, chicken, chinese sausages and peas (as in pods). We talked and laughed and I invited them down again for home cooking. The reason why they were there is that they were looking for a certain Filipino restaurant close by. Having had an apartment in the neighborhood, I had been to that restaurant and eaten there, but I knew it was no longer, but they found that out themselves. So I told them, if they wanted Filipino food they should just stop by and see me next time. After lunch we picked up some ube ice cream for them and headed over to where I live now. They chatted a bit with Linda and Rich and then said their farewells because they had a movie to catch. I had a wonderful time and hope to see them more often.

Okay gotta go. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Me.