Friday, July 02, 2004

Thunderclap

Hey all, how's it been? We've been under what seems to be a continuous thunderstorm since yesterday afternoon. It was so bad that a neighboring house's chimney was struck by lightning and came tumbling down, and another home caught fire after another bolt of lightning. And a man was hit by lightning as well, but he survived it. Then around 4 o'clock this morning I woke up to the roar of thunder over head and the sky was bright with lightning. It seemed never to cease outside. I woke Rich up to see if the windows needed closing and we lay around huddled in fear that we would be struck by lightning as it came through the window, past the fan and onto our heads. Today I woke up to beautiful sunny skies and a nice soft breeze but this afternoon we were once again hit with another storm. I just heard on the news that there may be a tornado forming just to the south of us, and one coming from the west. What's up? We were supposed to celebrate 4th of July tonight in our town's annual fireworks show. Heh. Yes we're two days early but they went by the forecast. I hope it's still on.

Also, don't try to call me. Because of the thunderstorms my phone doesn't work. Only for emergencies, although I did receive Mike's text, but I can't make outgoing calls or texts. So, Mike, if you read this, the answer to your text is "eelonwee". To everyone else, sorry, but I can't do anything about it. Heh. Alrighty all, I gotta go. I will be watching "Cold Mountain" tonight on dvd. I'll tell you all how it was tomorrow. We saw "Barber Shop 2" the other day, and although it had a few funny moments it didn't compare to the first one. So I give it 2 1/2 stars out of 4.

Have a good night all!

Me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Roper kia