Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Poo Poo Poo

Okay, I don't know how many of you actually use a public pool in the summer but if you do, beware!! I saw this local news report on being careful in the pools you swim in because many parents just let their kids swim in there while they're sick. One little girl died because she swam in this public pool and drank some water where another child had diarrhea-d in. Some parents place their kids in the pool while they still have their diapers on! Ew. Please beware of not just public pools but private pools as well. Don't let me tell you about Rich's cousin who swam in the pool long ago, and turned the pool brown... (they changed pools since then so it's safe now... but I know people like to urinate in pools as well. ew). And don't think you're safe swimming in the ocean/sea/body of water. I remember swimming around in the ocean and watching a turd float past my face. Also, where do you think they dump sewage? mmhmm. Last body of water I swam in? Probably the Atlantic Ocean, down by Virginia Beach. I was, I think 13? or 14? I swim in Rich's pool when it gets to around 79 to 80's. Last time I checked it was 78, but we've been getting rain the past few days so it'll be cooler now. This has got to be the nicest summer I've experienced in a long time, weatherwise.

P.S. Saw Fahrenheit 9/11 today. I've got to say it's not something we haven't known before but at least it's getting the point across. I wish it were a bit more jazzy though...if you catch my meaning. Ever see Bowling For Columbine? Anyway, we're waiting to see Spiderman 2, til the hype goes down and we've got the theater to ourselves. We didn't particularly like the first one but since everyone is saying how good this one is we figured we might as well see it...hope it's good. Oh yeah and Cold Mountain...it was okay. Sappy and melodramatic, and it felt as if they didn't work on it enough. Meaning it had potential to be something truly wonderful but it missed the mark. I liked it because I'm a big sap when it comes to... oh wait, i don't wanna spoil it for whoever wants to see it. I shoulda borrowed dad's Mystic River movie, I heard it was good. I read the book but I didn't think it was anything special. P.S. Movie prices have gone up again! At least gas prices are going down. For supreme here at my Mobil it's 2.07, and regular is 1.99. I think that's pretty good. Soon we'll just have to invest the money we spend on movie tickets on a flatscreen plasma and rent the dvd's.

It's a wonderful day, so be thankful!
Have a great day!

Me.

No comments: