Friday, July 09, 2004

Fast, Running

Rich and I have been on an alternating day fast for the past four days? So every other day we don't eat. It's not to lose weight, but rather to boost our immune system. Rich claims that back in the day when he ate a restricted calorie diet his brain functioned more efficiently, in other words he seemed "smarter" and if this helps me get smarter then take away my food! heh. Today happens to be food day, by the way, and I've already eaten my breakfast. Although I was not hungry on the days we fasted, I think it makes me think of food more... like on Survivor, all they did was talk about food. I feel good though. We're only trying it for ten days, and maybe go on and off if we feel it did us good.

Running today as well. I'm a bit apprehensive since this is the first time I ran since I came back from NY. I'm not expecting to break any records since I've been lazing around, using my period as an excuse. But I tried to eat early this morning and give myself at least two hours before we go out, or else I'm likely to have cramps. It looks like a beauty outside. Low humidity and sunny. I went out early to the grocery store to pick up some lettuce and beans for tacos tonight and it seemed unbelievable that no one was around, except a few old people, but I knew they'd be around, but even their numbers were low today.

I need to cut my hair. At night I'll try to roll over in bed and find that Rich has fallen asleep on top of it so I have to struggle and yank it out from under him. I think 4-5 inches will do. It'll only grow back anyway...although I've heard tales that say at a certain age if you cut your hair it will take much much longer for it to grow back, but it's probably as my mom says, "they did not get enough bitamins".

Okee, I gotta go. Have a great time all at Playland tomorrow! Be safe, and be careful on the Thunderbolt. If you don't know what I'm talking about ask Mike. Oh yeah! I got your letter today Julienne, I will be responding later today and hopefully will be mailing it out tomorrow. Have fun playing Scrabble. haha.

See y'all later. Have a wonderful day!

Me

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, it has been shown in mice that eating a calorie restricted diet did wonders for their health. they lived signicantly longer than regularly fed mice.

then they showed that fasting mice every other day and letting them eat all they wanted on the alternate day had similar health benefits to the calorie restricted mice.

the calorie restricted method borders on starvation and you can never eat your fill so it feels less satisfying. the every other day method appears more satisfying and you literally get a food reward every other day.

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Celexa+taper Floor mats safety equipment industrial safety equipment central league soccer toronto youth Wedding invitations phoenix phoenix wedding invitations quiet bullet vibrator online pharmacy and adderall and real doctors Vicky sunohara female hockey school Judaic wedding invitations Testy cisco