Saturday, July 10, 2004

Running Mate

Yesterday Rich tried a different technique with his running. He decided to take it easier in the beginning and push harder at the end. This meant that he and I ran together for a lot of the track, which I didn't mind as much, because it gets lonely watching him speed along leagues and leagues ahead of me, only catching glimpses of him every now and then when he turns the corner. I'm not sure how it worked for him, (you'll have to ask) but having him run beside me helped me keep a faster rate and therefore I think I actually improved, although at one point my lungs did seem to sizzle and I had a cough the rest of the day... My 15 second progress may be a combination of not exercising, not eating and having Rich run beside me. heh. I'm chipping away at that clock! I'll run that course in 5 minutes by the end of the summer! Which summer? Now that's the question. hah

I'm glad John Kerry picked John Edwards as his running mate. It'll be John John I'm voting for... except I wont be voting because I have not registered to vote. It's part of my paranoid ideas that the gov't is keeping track of me through voter's registration. Good thing John Edwards is southern, maybe we can steal the southern vote from Bush... althouugh why Bush is considered southern I have no clue! He was born in New Haven, Connecticut to a father who was born and raised in Massachusetts and a mother who was born and raised in Rye, New York. That's right, Rye, location of Rye, Playland... heh. Just because he has a southern accent doesn't make him southern. Just because he grew up in Texas doesn't make him a Texan (haven't you ever seen that "King of the Hill" episode?). As a wise man once said "If you do settle in the South and bear children, don't think we will accept them as Southerners. After all, if the cat had kittens in the oven, we wouldn't call 'em biscuits."

So happy trails to 'yawl' and have a wonderfully wonderful day! Enjoy the bbq you guys are having! Don't get hurt. I will be enjoying a day of not eating!

Me.