Monday, July 26, 2004

Tell It Slant

Saw Def Poetry Jam again last night (it's after the Ali G show). (it started a new season last week) I'm always so impressed to see these people get up there and read their poetry. But it's more than just reading. It's a performance and I love it, even the not-so-good-cliches. It takes a lot to go up and read your poetry, especially memorizing it and then emoting. I think that some people should write it but pay someone else to perform it because some people come across as flat, but then it's still good. There must be some vibe in that audience. Like electricity. I want to go on! heh. But I'm serious. I've been bitten by the performance bug, being both an art and english major I love the feel of being the point of attention and touching people with my work. I remember people getting teary over my art pieces and poetry (okay one person for my art work and a few classmates for my poetry... but you have to understand that many of them are hippies... why am I putting them down?) It's a rush. I am now motivated to write a poem. I was touched by last week's guy and his poem called "the kite". god I'm a dork. yeah it was a love poem. but it was awesome. though some people might not agree. Last night there was a guy with a poem called "constipation" which was hilarious. "constant patient of constipation". haha. I'll keep you posted. Problem is I'm not sure many people get poetry. eh. it's all good.

Me

edit: by the way, I believe most love poems are written by men... are we that cold? haha. I may not write a love poem because of this. I just aint got it in me. heh

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Men, themselves, do not write love poems. And women themselves do not read love poems. Their hormones write and read love poems. If they are written with the logical mind, then they are fake. If they are read with a logical mind, they sound silly and weird. You have to be doped up on love hormones to write a love poem and to appreciate a love poem.

And if you are in a relationship, those passionate hormones only last about 2 years. But you stop writing love poems when you hook-up as a real physical couple. love poems are written when you don't see the person for long periods.

Anonymous said...

where did you get this info from... the two years stuff? i wanna know.

Anonymous said...

i saw it on a science show. i've heard it before too. its almost common knowledge. its when couples always break up too because thats when the hormones wear off.

Anonymous said...

Im looking for that poem calle "the kite" i think its really cool and would like hear it or read it again if any one has any info on where I could find it please email me at murcilago33.com...thank you

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Camcorder mpeg http://www.maine-aurora-tattoo-removal.info/laser_tattoo_removal_port_washington.html gas electric ovens versus Butt and sex 1968 acura integra

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Home owners insurance code eminence

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! Free ring tones v60g Manufacture of ativan foreign pharmacies oxycontin