Friday, July 16, 2004

The Fast and the Furious

Well, so now I have to tell all of you how my fast experience was. Okay, let's see... Commentor wrote: "if it was a distraction; such as, could you go about your daily routine or did not eating distract you; maybe you could concentrate better? maybe not?"

It was not a distraction at all except the first day where you had to get used to it. Once I had it in my mind that I was going to fast any distracting thoughts disappeared, especially if I was busy. Once it was night and I was going to sleep was there any real physical discomfort that I noticed, i.e. my stomach was grumbling and waiting for food. I think it might have been the same for the 9th day (no eating day) because I knew that it was the last ever day and so thoughts of food crept up on me, but other than that I really didn't get distracted. I actually find that food is distraction now because I have to tear off my mind from what I was doing to take the alotted breaks. However, on the fast, I could just go right through it and not worry about the thought of food. As for concentration, my only problem is that the alternating days are so alternating that I have a different schedule to keep up on the days. On days of fast my concentration upon my tasks were the best because I could just plow right through, no breaks required.

Second question: "any effects you noticed or didn't notice both mentally and physically.
-if you shat more or less that usual"

Hmm, what did I notice or not notice? Well let's see... I think only that I thought of food a lot more on the days I did fast (but that was at night), and I think I ate less during the eating days. Oh yes! I did eat more at breakfast but the rest of the day I kept my portions small, (except for the ice cream). heh. As for my bowel movements... I'm pretty regular, going on fast days and non. Although, you'd think I'd go more on my fast days... However, I noticed I did defecate more on eating days, but that was earlier on, and I think that was the fact that I gorged myself on cherries at breakfast... oh! I did have to urinate more on fast days, because all I did was drink water to stave off any hunger so I went to the bathroom, sometimes as often as 5 times an hour.

""What did this do to you? Tell me. And remember, this is for posterity, so be honest. How do you feel?" "

Overall I enjoyed the experience and hope to do it every month. I felt no considerable strain or discomfort. It didn't make me feel weak at all. No "sound of ultimate suffering" (princess bride quote) emanating from my mouth... maybe my stomach, but that I kept to a bare minimum.

However, I was a bit furious. I think it's a combination of pms, people coming and staying longer than a week, Rich and his oh so superior self "i'm a christian and I should be able to tell you when you're not acting in a christian-like manner" and then "mmm mwa mwa, I love kelley" and "tsk, tsk, tsk oh Michelle! tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk", is that christian-like behavior? and his dumb mom, always has something to say or complain about or ready to hear something out of nothing, "why are you always insulting me? Why don't you do something instead of target practice? Are you making fun of me?" The funny one was, "hmph, it smells like eggs" no shit sherlock! when you pass by the kitchen and see egg shells on the counter, what the fuck do you think that is? It sure aint rose petals. God, no wonder no one could live with her ever. She blames everyone else! "oh Brian and Sharon, ugh, I couldn't stand them when they lived with us," "oh Chris and Debbie as kids were terrible, I couldn't stand them. I couldn't wait til they were gone" "oh i had to ship her down to Fl. because she was just getting to be too much." "oh I know I can't live with Kelley, we just wouldn't get along." Goddamn if you can't live with your own kids then that's your problem. And she smokes too much. I go to the bathroom and the whole room is soaked in it. I walk to the kitchen and I can't even eat because of it. I can't even go through the garage because that's her favortie place to sit and smoke and talk on the phone. I can't even sleep at night without waking up to it. And she lies!! "No I wasn't in the garage, just now smoking and talking on the phone." Well that's funny because we didn't see you come out of the garage and the door just opened and we smell smoke. Then she denies it, "oh you can't smell it up here!" It feels as if I am at the breaking point. Oh how melodramatic. haha. I swear sometimes I wanna pick up her dog and hurl it at her. You and your little dog too. And Rich! Ugh god. At least he took me out yesterday. That's just dandy. Good thing I'm going kayaking today. I need it. Knowing his mother she'd probably fill our minds up on how we're gonna be stuck in the mud because of the tides. God. And I have a nice quiet little cat who adores me and comes over just when she knows I'm going to really blow and rubs up on my legs. She's so sweet. Or maybe she's just hungry... she needs a fast. Getting chubby.

heh. Okay. It's a beautiful friday. I think we're exchanging our run for a three hour row session today. I don't mind. Usually people say TGIF, but no, I actually say TGIM. But everyday is a good day, no matter what they say. Sorry to bring it down like that. "How many times did I tell you that we shouldn't go into an uptempo song right after a goddamn death dedication. Ponderous! F-ing ponderous" (that's Casey Cassum and his temper). yeah yeah. It's beautiful outside! Despite what I say I really do love life, and potato salad, and yes I love you too.
Me!

P.S.
I made the fridge stink of eggs after making my "feel better Michelle potato salad". haha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »