Sunday, April 04, 2004

Whine, whine, whine,

If any of you ever get to dine at a really fancy restaurant where the waiter stays there and pulls your seat for you and applies your napkin to your lap, then you should ask the sommelier* what Chablis or Cabernet sauvignon or Sauvignon Blanc or Syrah would go well with the meal you just ordered. Then you can do your little dance by swirling it around your glass and smelling it and placing it in your mouth, and opening your nasal passage to it, because it's flavor is really smelled not tasted...blah blah blah. I prefer sitting around comfy and cozy, no one over my shoulder listening to my conversation. Oh try some desert wines as well. Alright I gotta run.

*Sommelier means: a waiter in a restaurant who has charge of wines and their service : a wine steward.
DOn't be embarrassed to call him over and say "the corking is all wrong! this wine is disgusting! return it and bring me another bottle!" although I wouldn't use the term "disgusting".

Me

No comments: