Saturday, April 10, 2004

Scrabble

Found out I was terrible at scrabble...
Well i'm pretty good at scrabble just bad at Yahoo's "Literati". I think I'm lucky at the draw in scrabble because I always get really good tiles, but in Literati they draw it for you and they do it so fast you don't even realize you have more tiles. Also there's an added tension with having to play with someone you don't know and you have to be quick about it. Funny enough my second try at it my opponent was from the Bronx who went to Columbus High School. Isn't it a small world? I then got so depressed after losing that I went and lost some more to my brother. Go figure. I know I would be really good at it but I just need to loosen up. I sit here and sweat, trying to make words fit. Also it's not fair to use words like "es" and "ti" come on!! I can sorta understand "ti" (a drink with jam n bread) being a note and all but "es"? geez. I don't like to do it because I always feel like that's cheating but my first two opponents didn't seem to mind. I guess that's my problem, I shouldn't be afraid to come up with whatever word. Anything to score.

Well when we finally got to dinner last night, after my games... We committed a solecism*. We dipped our grubby hands into the Easter basket. oh lordy! It's supposed to be for Sunday, Rich and Michelle!! In my defense I only ate two, delicious pieces of candy! In Rich's defense, I sorta gave him the 'go ahead', but he wouldn't stop. I finally had to give him a look. haha. Well Easter's tomara and I hope you all have a very happy one! Okay gotta run all!! M-I-C, see you real soon H-E-L, look it's cause I love ya, L-L-L-L-E!

*Solecism means:
1 : an ungrammatical combination of words in a sentence; also : a minor blunder in speech
2 : something deviating from the proper, normal, or accepted order
*3 : a breach of etiquette or decorum

Me.

No comments: