Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Pass the Peppah

I first saw Kill Bill Vol. 1 in the theaters, then the other weekend I rented it for two reasons: first, to refresh our memories and get ready for the second movie, and second, because Mike's never seen it, and being here he could and did. I ended up seeing it a total of three times. This is a rare occurrence for me because I hardly will see a movie a second time, let alone a third time, (twice in a row). This is great advertisement for the first vol. It's a great movie, it had a lot of different cinematography techniques, it was funny, it had a lot of action, it was interesting, story wise and you never knew what was going to happen next. Now we saw Kill Bill Vol 2 and were expecting something awesome and jaw-dropping, like the first but better, because of what the critics were giving it and saying about it. Ya know what? We were both disappointed, not because it was a bad movie, it was good, but not at all like the first. "This one lacks the flavah, the spice". The first one was experimental and mood setting and twisted, this one had no curves. Go see it anyway because it's good. I give it 3 1/2 stars, (the first one was 4 stars.) Don't let my views on it skew your viewing pleasure.

By the way, watching previews before the movie, there's one coming up called "Hero". It stars Jet Li and is a Tarantino flick and is produced by the makers of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (another movie I could watch over and over again). Looks good, hope it is. And one movie I can't wait for is Troy, der. Come on. It's got Brad Pitt playing Achilles, the star and darling of the Illiad (a book I've had to read over and over, but luckily by different translators), and shrimpy, wimpy Paris played by Orlando Bloom, you may know him as Legolas in the Lord of the Rings movies (ooh), I think it's a perfect match because Paris is supposed to be handsome, but also more prone to playing his lyre than handling a sword, (but what shephard needs a sword?) I think Eric Bana of Hulk fame is playing Paris' brother, Hektor (Hector). Oh I can't wait. I hope it's good, not just action. Nothing can ever compare to the book though. Oh kay gotta run.

P.S. thanks for the Pics Julie!
P.P.S. will make up the poll later today, and will make up for all your missed word of the day, i know ya missed them. heh

Me.

No comments: