Sunday, April 11, 2004

Pop

I caught Janet Jackson onSNL last night (my late night due to playing Literati with Mike) and although I laughed at the "cork soaking" bit (which I thought would be more wine spitting... I was wrong), I didn't like the dancing and singing. At the second performance Rich mentioned that if she had to put on a whole production before she started singing then "you know the singing isn't going to be that good." I agreed and listed some people who do that (production -> sing badly), like Madonna, who would writhe around the floor (or tongue other girls) while she sang, and Britney Spears with the snake dancing etc. Note: the "production" is not for performance's sake to go along with the music, it's so you don't realize how bad the singing is, it's for distraction's sake. By the first song sounded like her "If" song. Oh, you caught me, yes I have her cd "Janet", that also has "Again" (song in Poetic Justice, remember? "Hold me, hold me, don't ever let me go") haha. I bought it sometime in 8th grade? Yes I enjoy a Madonna song once in a while. I have "La Isla Bonita" and like to listen to "This Used To Be My Playground" when its on, but the rest... eh. And of course I have Britney's "Hit Me One More Time". I dunno, you know they're bad singers, I saw the Britney diary on MTV and she started singing when she was in her room (someone else's song) and it was terrible, of course the people around her were like "ooh girl that sounds so good!" It's just bad. I don't even know the point of this post! Alright I'll end it here by saying Happy Easter! for those who celebrate it and Happy Sabbath for others and Happy Day for the rest!

P.S. Rich, I think my first win fueled the others and I just couldn't be stopped... I think I finally cooled down and was able to think with a level head. The first day I was a little flustered because I was new there and didn't know if there were any hidden agendas, now that I'm more comfortable I mean to win more often. I think I am beaten with a lot of games and things when I can't immerse myself in it over and over on a constant basis. If it's held, say, once a week, I'd probably never win because I will always feel as if it's a new experience... I need to feel comfortable. Even yesterday I was sweating but not as much as the day before. I actually used up all my tiles, twice! I had really good opponents too and my early games I had a cheerleader named Rich (actually more like KC's coach dad) "come on! what are you doing? You gotta get the triple word score!" instead of "yay! Michelle!" haha thanks, love you.

Me!
Hoppy Easter!!!

No comments: