Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Is Jessica Simpson Illiterate?

Rainy and cold today. I dislike these kinds of days because I just want to curl up in bed and sleep the rest of the day. Mike might come this Saturday to spend some time with his Ate, under the guise of looking at a college, but I can see through it. haha. Yay if he comes and yay if he doesn't. We'll spend time gabbing on Literati. I'm so happy that Julie plays it too, haha. Just last night Mike and I were wondering if we could play against people we knew. That would be fun to be in a room for five with Julie and her mom and brother, me and Mike. "Hey Lumpia isn't an english word!" Maybe when the party for Angela and her family is up and everyone's there, we could all be playing Literati. Speaking of Angela, her uncle, (Aunty Tess' younger brother), I foget his name... use to play scrabble with his friends at parties and I'd look on but since they were a few years older than me I use to be too intimidated to play. I wanted to play along and I know I coulda kicked their butts but being a girl you couldn't do that... haha. Needless to say I use to watch from the other room.
I found out from Mike that Dad was good at scrabble, in his navy days, i think it's due to the fact that dad read and still reads, (newspapers mostly) whilst his friends were probably illiterate. Now mom against dad? Definitely dad. haha Mom's not a reader. Oh by the way!!!! I used the word "secured" then later in the game i had a "u" and "n" so i put "unsecured" on the board and they told me it wasn't a word!! come on. I became pertinacious* and almost refused to continue the game but finally i calmed down and continued on. Needless to say I won. I looked it up later and it is a word! ERRR. Imagine the points I woulda gotten.
Just had to get it out...i felt deeply gypped.
Also, about the poll, I chose the bread part because it wouldn't be a sandwich without it. I could put a cellphone between two buns and it would be, technically, though inedible, a sandwich. The definition of a sandwich is "1 a : two or more slices of bread or a split roll having a filling in between". Without the bread it would just be a hunk of meat. The earl of sandwich specifically created a ham sandwich by placing his hunk of ham onto slices of bread so he could play poker better without greasifying his hands. (This is according to sesame street, i think).
I'm gonna write a horror story about literati and how it swallows all the words you've used so that it is no longer in your data bank. Today I found myself stumbling for easy words! I swear it takes it in so that I cannot use it anymore. Good thing I know more words for those things you put on your feet than the one i lost today! Okay, watch A.I. tonight, Yay Jasmine and Latoya. haha Oh "hello" to Angela and family. If anyone sees them and has a blog make sure to take pics and post them so I can see. haha. Okay. Have a good night all!

Pertinacious means: *1 a : adhering resolutely to an opinion or purpose b : perversely persistent
2 : stubbornly unyielding or tenacious

Me.

No comments: