Saturday, October 16, 2004

Rules Of Engagement

Hey all there's a new poll up, so get poll-ing.
Oh so the other day... Was it on Monday? Yeah I think it was because I was wondering why there were so many people and I remembered that it was Columbus Day. Anywho, I had heard from a few friends (category:"artsy") about a place called "Blue Hills Reservation" and I figured it was up somewhere far away, like the Berkshires or something like that. Well the other weekend I was looking through our map book because I'm always looking for a place to "explore". So then I happened to glance at a nearby area and realized that it enclosed a part of the "Blue Hills Reservation" and I said "no way". So I told Rich about it and the next day we went driving right over. It's literally across the street from the mall. ha ha. They keep it pretty secret I think. So we drove on a gorgeous day, through the reservation, surrounded by the beautiful fall foliage. Then we got to one place, which was the base of the Great Blue Hill and we parked. We saw a bunch of people hiking up the hill and said to ourselves, "hmm, let's go on a hike today." We decided to head up to the observatory, thinking it was only a few minutes away we slowly started our ascent into the clouds. After what seemed an hour of twisting around and around to the top we finally reached the tower on the summit. We went into the tower and it was breathtaking. All around us was forest and in the distance we could just make out the ocean and we got a great view of the City of Boston. The way down was only half as long, or even less. Don't worry I took pics which I will post later today. Oh we also stopped by Houghton's Pond and that was pretty too. heh. By then I figured I would never be able to walk again but the next day I wasn't even sore. It mustn't have been that bad. haha

Oh by the way, Rich asked me to marry him. I said yes. We're moving down to Florida in April.
When I called my mom to tell her she got hysterical. Well mom doesn't get hysterical, but her voice did get high and squeaky. Sorry Mom. She kept asking me if it was a joke. haha. What a dear. Then she asked permission to be able to tell all her friends... haha. I said yes, so don't be surprised if you get bombarded with this news. She still doesn't know about the Florida part, so don't open your mouths! Ya hear me??
The truth came out after talking to her a little longer. Mmhmm All this time dad's been the one who keeps asking about a wedding and mom keeps saying "oh she's too young! she can't get married yet!" but then when I talked to her she said, "Oh thank God! I was beginning to wonder! I told my friends I got married at 23 and I didn't know if you were ever going to get married." huh!! Then she said "oh Michelle, the other day I was telling everyone, 'hey take a look at my grandchild' and then I showed everyone a picture of Soot" that was followed by maniacal laughter. haha. Poor lady, she's looking at Helen flashing her two grandkids around and probably got jealous. heh. haha. Everyone thought she was crazy for telling everyone Soot was her granddaughter. Aunty Marlette said she was "loco" or is it "loca" for gender?

So no big ceremony. We don't have the money for it and I forbade my parents for doing it. But okay maybe they'll throw a party. haha. haha. We're getting married in NY at a justice of the peace or whatever they're called and then we're heading down to Florida. Rich's parents did a similar thing, they eloped and then had the ceremony later. The "church wedding". My parents did the same thing. So they celebrate two anniversaries. Funny thing is that we were planning to get married in December, one of my parents' anniversaries is in December, but then it was more convenient to get married in April, which is when my parents had their church wedding.

Yeah so that's all. Got any questions? Write me a comment. heh. I'm gonna be a Mrs. in half a year's time. haha Sick.
It's gorgeous out huh? Love it.

Me